We are looking for a talented Yard Manager to join our team specialising in Facilities for our Engine Business Segment in Darlington.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm. There may be a need to cover other shift in the future.
Salary is £20,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Maintains housekeeping and safety in work areas; Upkeep on exterior yard, including pit and sump clean/repair.
- Work cross functionally and hold others to account for housekeeping standards both internally and externally across common areas of the Campus
- Maintains safe work habits and actions in all aspects of the daily task; evaluates reactive work for safety issues, plans projects so that safety is key, and reviews preventative work for any unforeseen items that may present safety hurdles.
- Performs routine building maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures.
- Assists in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addresses immediate operational and/or safety concerns; and ensures that tools, materials, and vehicles are maintained in good working order.
- Utilises software to track, assign, and prioritise reactive, planned, preventative, and predictive maintenance work and building management system.
- Orders supplies from various vendors and assists in managing spare parts inventories.
- Conducts minor repairs including plumbing in restrooms along with dock drain; floor repair & spill pickup, including carpet and floor tile; Ceiling and light fixture installation; Wall repair including drywall installation, patching, wall hanging and painting.
- Operates vehicle equipment such as fork truck, carts, etc.
- Uses powered hand tools drills, grinders, porta-band, etc based on job need.
- Perform other duties as required by facilities leadership
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Communicates effectively through various methods.
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training, or on-the-job experience.
- Logistics and Warehousing experience preferred, including 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) provider management
- Cummins Rewards
- Company performance bonus
- All tools, uniform and PPE provided
- Free on-site car parking
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.