We have an immediate permanent vacancy for a Wind & Site Engineer with our prestigious renewable energy client. This role works alongside the UK & Ireland Sales team on new wind farm developments at various stages in the process; from early, pre-planning design review, to final site assessments and optimisation.
Responsible for ensuring our client's wind turbines are suitable for new wind farm sites through site assessment and mechanical loading analysis, while also optimising performance; looking at layout design, operational lifetime and evaluating energy production.
- Early Engagement; working together with customers and consultants in order to i) optimize potential for energy production, and ii) help our client to secure a competitive advantage at the early stages of development,
- Evaluate wind measurement campaigns (type of equipment, localization, subcontractors etc.) in order to evaluate wind resource and reduce uncertainty on analysis at optimized costs,
- Analyse wind and meteorological data from cup anemometry and RSDs (LiDAR, SoDAR),
- Conduct wind flow modeling studies with appropriate software (Wasp, WindPro etc.),
- Analyse wind energy projects with WindPro for the assessment of site specific parameters and conditions,
- Implementation of our client's standards into the wind flow simulations,
- Produce long term wind and net production reports and statistical uncertainty analysis (P50, P90, P99 etc.),
- Develop wind turbine site layouts and optimise turbine configurations based on conformance with standards, energy production, and construction considerations,
- Support the project developers in the definition of optimal turbine layouts and Cost of Energy (COE) optimisation,
- Perform structural integrity assessments and verify wind turbine design life estimation via load calculations in accordance with the standards set by our client and define the class of wind sites and determine the most adequate turbine model,
- Support the Sales team and contribute in tenders and engagement with consultants, as well as the aftersales services in cooperation with Project Management (construction) and Service teams in tendering and construction/operation processes,
- Basic noise and shadow flicker analysis,
- Provide technical information to key stakeholders,
- Participate to meetings with Clients, Developers, and Consultants,
- Draft comprehensive site assessment reports in English,
- Conduct site visits as required,
The role of Wind and Site Engineer will report directly to the Head of Sales for UK and Ireland, while also becoming part of the Sales Engineering and Wind and Site Engineering function in the European Division.
Required skills & experience:
Applicants should hold a Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering Aerospace, Mathematics, Physics, Meteorology, Natural Sciences, Engineering or related area.
Several years of practical related experience in the Wind Energy industry, in a wind resource and energy yield assessment role or similar would be preferable.
Beyond that, the following experience and skills are key to the role:
- Knowledge and experience in wind resource assessment and modeling of windfarm energy production according to industry standards and best practices,
- Familiar with Statistics, WasP, WindPro, OpenWind, CFD wind modeling,
- Python, VBA and/or other programming skills would be valuable,
- Detail orientated with ability to comprehend a global problem to answer it with appropriate methods and summarize it in clear results,
- Critical thinking and solutions focus,
- Good knowledge of both written and spoken English, Ready to work in a dynamic and fast developing atmosphere,
- Willing to travel on a regular basis
For more information on this excellent opportunity with our market leading client please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.