Role: Visual & Production Designer
Location: Pancras Square
Duration: 12 Month Assignment
Pay Rate: £24.23 - £26.23 per hour
As a Visual Designer, you'll delight users with design that inspires, engages, and excites them. You'll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals - from concept to execution - across many platforms. You will collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the company design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use. In addition to strengths in visual design, you will have strong and efficient production skills.
Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you'll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You will have an eye for consistency and precision and an ability to execute the craft of those details through to specs for Engineers.
The team is interested in our users and strives to learn everything we can about their behaviours, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. They are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, content strategists and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
User experience is at the forefront of how they create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Their UX teams include designers, researchers, and prototypers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight their products' unique capabilities and personalities. The company's philosophy is: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Leverage principle contributors to explore concept development to influence a point-of-view around visual style for product commitments.
- Create and extend Material design in the form of UI patterns, visual frameworks and iconography.
- Work across programs to define, maintain, and evolve/create the tools (including specs and guidelines), processes, and communication around asset management.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to ensure that experiences are of a high quality, excellent standard across the platform.
- Deliver design specification across a variety of hardware form factors, solving for a variety of constraints and requirements.
- Mix of Visual design and production design
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Strong brand experience and experience in hardware, ie. wearable/ Smart Watch
- Focusing on the look and feel.
- Material design experience.
- Experience in
- Experience creating design languages, with guidelines, that can be applied in different forms, easy for developers to navigate
- Need to be versatile, quick to learn new systems and adapt well to change.
- Experience in different platforms/versatility, mobile and web.
**Portfolio will be required**
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.