Kelly Services is currently recruiting for an UX Writer, to work at Google:
Role: UX Writer
Duration: ASAP until end December 2020
Bonus: Company Plan
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviours, attitudes, and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, prototypes, and writers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, delightful, and beautiful products that people love to use.
As a writer on the Android UX team, you'll be responsible for writing and refining a wide array of text that will appear throughout the Android experience. This includes things like UI messages, onboarding flows, notifications, and error messages.
Who you are:
You are a stellar writer with an eagle eye and a good ear for natural-sounding prose. You have a portfolio of user-facing content that's crisp, concise, accessible, and friendly. You use empathy, reason, and data to inform content choices. You pursue a deep understanding of your products.
- Write clear and concise user-interface text for Android products, and act as a subject matter expert for user experience writing.
- Work collaboratively and closely with designers, researchers, prototypes, product managers, and engineers to define requirements; balance design and business objectives with strong focus on the user.
- Develop concepts for early-stage products and provide data-informed insights to improve existing experiences.
- Follow Google-wide style as well as any product-specific style guides.
- Recommend and implement new strategies for communicating product-related information to our users.
- Develop, document, and maintain writing guidelines for internal stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years of additional relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in UX writing, technical writing, user help, copywriting, or journalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working collaboratively with designers, engineers, and product managers as part of the software development process. Experience creating and maintaining style guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and proactively communicate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong curiosity about users and how to anticipate their needs by understanding behaviors.
- Experience writing for mobile UI.
- Understanding of UX design principles.
- Experience creating content for a global audience with a good knowledge of localization and accessibility best practices.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Experience collaborating closely with UX researchers and applying study findings to content to improve usability.
If this sounds good for you, APPLY NOW!
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.