Role: UX Engineer
Location: Central London, West End
Duration: 6 months
Pay Rate: £52 per hour
Our client, one of the Big Four multinational technology companies, is looking for an experienced UX Engineer to join their London team.
As a UX Engineer, your front-end web development expertise will be leveraged to launch marketing sites supporting product launches, events, and campaigns. You will partner closely with Product and UX teams to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgement and discretion.
You will be responsible for the creation of high quality, world-class web content for desktop and mobile devices, engineering front-end components that will present information in new, innovative, and creative ways. Your work will require a focus on compatibility, accessibility, and internationalisation. Your components should be modular, reusable, and well documented to the benefit of the greater team. You will experiment with emerging technologies and discuss their merits with fellow team members. You can take ideas, build rapid prototypes for those ideas iterating along the way before presenting your prototypes to stakeholders.
The company is known for its speed and clean design, and their websites must also be fast and clean. As a UX Engineer, you collaborate with Marketing and Engineering teams to create compelling, efficient and accessible web pages. You work independently on many projects, but also take directions from team members across the organization. The impact of your work is huge as millions of users traffic our websites every day. You would be part of a small team of designers, writers, developers, filmmakers, producers and strategists whose mission is to make the company's European marketing awesome. They make websites, apps, films, print design, VR experiences, games and tools to help build all of the above.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Prototype specialist, leveraging web technologies where you can, to communicate your ideas to stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience developing websites and applications.
- Experience with mobile development, including responsive design.
- Strong consistency and attention to detail.
- Experience in an advertising, marketing, interactive design or other company working on large-scale projects or notable brands.
- Preferably 10 years of experience developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications.
- Fluency in one or more of the following: Python, Java, C/C++.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform and AppEngine to run a major user-facing application.
- Help to initiate, define and evolve interactive ideas from brief to prototype to final execution, working on brand and product areas.
- Architect, design, develop, and maintain innovative, engaging technical builds for a worldwide audience.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesise feedback from Marketing, Product, and Engineering partners.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Quick prototype development usually leveraging web technologies.
- Push technology, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.