£13.70 per hour plus benefits
My client an international small parts manufacturer are seeking an experienced Toolmaker for their UK site based in Sutton Coldfield.
You will be responsible for all toolmaking involving manufacture of press tools, jigs fixtures, gauges, prototypes from engineering drawings. Also refurbish, repair and maintain existing tools.
- Produce accurate, high quality tooling efficiently.
- Aid the development of new products, trailing, and modifying new tooling.
- Manufacture of press tools, jigs fixtures, gauges and prototypes from engineering drawings.
- Use of Hand tools such as hacksaws, files and grinders.
- Responsible for own measurement and inspection.
- Attending Machine Breakdowns to support cell coordinators.
- Fault finding on damaged or faulty tooling.
- Highlighting and reporting faults to coordinators or engineers.
- Ensuring your working area is kept neat and tidy at all times and general housekeeping maintained to assist with Health and Safety procedures.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Toolmaker competent in a variety of machining techniques, able to manufacture to tight tolerances from engineering drawings.
- Experienced in using lathes, milling and grinding machines.
- Honest, Reliable and Self-motivated.
- Experience with various forms of measuring instruments such as Vernier callipers, micrometres, shadow graphs and other associated equipment.
- Experienced in all formats of machining including grinding, milling and turning both manual and CNC based.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach.
- Ability to work within a team and Individually.
- Good practical skills.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic IT skills.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position of 38 hours a week. Day shifts 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 12pm on Friday. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.