Our Client are a leading engineering business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Test Technician to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
The position requires 'hands on' strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Implementing safe work systems.
- Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
- Identify and monitor trackside spares for your areas. Keep an up-to-date record of required parts.
- Understand and identify required spares. Raise purchasing requests and liaise with purchasing to understand deadlines.
- Supporting the debugging and commissioning of powertrain test rigs.
- Maintaining the efficiency of the facility operations.
- Responsible for rig and cell mechanical/electronic assembly and disassembly
- Working with multi-phase electrical applications and power analyser test equipment.
- Interpreting CAD drawings for rigging.
- Manual handling, use of overhead crane.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business.
- Working with the powertrain testing team to gain technical input and execute test procedures.
- Undertake any other duties of which the knowledge, skills and experience required fall within a post holder's position in the company.
- Able to produce clear documentation for processes.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety processes.
- Able to understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations in a mechatronics maintenance environment and the type of equipment being maintained.
- Able to understand mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and process control principles in a mechatronics maintenance environment.
- Able to understand fault diagnostic methods, techniques and equipment used when maintaining equipment and systems
- Able to understand condition monitoring methods, equipment used and how the information gained supports the planning of maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical systems is desirable
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High voltage training or IMI Level 2 in electric/hybrid vehicle system repair and replacement or equivalent is desirable.
- Up to £35000 plus benefits
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.