Our Client are a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Test Design Manager to join the business.
- Work with engineering and operations to identify a strategy for automated product testing across the company's product range.
- Evaluation of existing systems, and plans for improvement/ unified systems.
- Propose and design cost effective automated test solutions for all products meeting quality, commercial and technical requirements.
- To manage and deliver automated test fixture solutions through hands on design and development, supported by outsourcing strategies.
- Hands on design and development of test fixtures including hardware/mechanical design, firmware development, PC software (application) development.
- Communicate project progress and status to management.
- Develop project budgets, manage project to budget.
- Qualify test fixture through sound understanding of measurements and uncertainties, and integrate into Operations.
- Develop design and training documentation for the fixtures.
- An Electronics based degree.
- Mechanical design education a benefit.
- Previous experience of working within the electronics sector.
- Sound knowledge of electronics theory including component behaviour and specifications, analog theory including grounding designs, impedance analysis, EMC, safety.
- Must have sustained relevant experience, in a production environment, including Test Fixture design.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical measurements including margins, uncertainty and tolerances.
- Experience with design and writing PC based programs that use various communications interfaces (including USB and SMBUS) and databases.
- Knowledge of wireless communications interfaces a benefit.
- Battery industry experience strongly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for internal and external customers with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people alike.
- Analysis: Lead FMEAs to identify failure modes, risks, and test coverage requirements
- Analytical mind: Experienced and logical approach to fault finding techniques particularly regarding root cause analysis on electrical defects which requires a detailed analytical approach.
- Demonstrable PC experience in Microsoft Office and suite of programs and Microsoft Project
- Experience with using and programming modern test equipment. Includes electronic loads, power supplies, electronic switches.
- Flexibility and Management: Must be proactive in managing own workload, adapting planning as needed to meet changing priorities.
- Experience with Gantt chart / MS Project preferable.
- Familiarity with Electronics and Software testing methods, procedures and standards.
- Up to date knowledge of components and materials.
- Ability to manage technical employees a benefit.
- £35000-£45000 plus a comprehensive benfits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.