Territory Managers Germany
Kelly Services are supporting a Global Life Science Client that specialises in the development and commercialisation of therapeutics for rare genetic diseases, that affect small patient populations. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few treatment options. Our client places the patient at the heart of everything they do, with a mission surrounding bringing time critical new treatments to the market, significantly faster than the industry average.
As their exclusive recruitment partner, we are looking to support them in building their Commercial team to support the a new Gene Therapy launch, making a meaningful impact on patients lives.
The Territory Manager will be focused on pre and post launch preparation and activities, responsible for maximizing sales for the new gene therapy franchise business unit. The ideal candidate will therefore have prior rare disease product knowledge, combined with competitive launch experience within a disruptive technology. Patient centricity is critical to our success, so the post holder will be equally inspired by the aspirations of the patient community and driven to deliver on the ingenuity of gene therapy research.
With a high level of knowledge on the disease state, you will work closely with the treatment centers, HCPs, patient advocacy groups and chapters at local, state or regional level. The position requires a mix of strategic agility, project management, empathy for the community, able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
- Work towards achieving area sales objectives, market penetration, market share and revenue targets;
- Drive demand through clinical selling and education on gene therapy. Creating and implementing effective business plan to guide strategy, tactics and track progress.
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders including: HTC's, Institutions, Hematologists, state/local/regional Patient Advocacy Groups
- Actively participating in disease awareness efforts, gene therapy awareness through professional society meetings (local, state, regional), as assigned
- Working with other members of the franchise team, and facilitating appropriate collaboration with other functions, such as MSLs, Market Access team and other internal stakeholders, as needed
- Proactively providing business insights to internal partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts
- The ideal candidate will preferably be working in the Rare Disease/ Orphan Drug or Haemotology market currently, with at least 5 years+ experience in pharmaceutical/biotech field sales involved in account-based selling within hospitals and academic institutions
- Experienced in working in competitive, disruptive technology markets with high cost products that are technically challenging, with prior experience in new product launches is highly desired
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for and commitment to advocacy on behalf of the patient community (and/or Rare Diseases) with a strong track record working closely with treatment centers and patient advocacy groups
- The post holder should be self-reliant, results orientated with a sense of urgency to get things done. Goal focused and accountable for their individual performance, while acting in a professional and compliant manner
- Individuals must be flexible, and adaptable with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a start-up division. Confident working independently to find solutions, alongside knowing when to ask for support from management, strong organisational, analytical and communications skills will be expected.
- Please be advised that willingness to travel extensively and operate a vehicle is required. Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed, since many HCP and patient education events occur during these times. Overnight travel is required and will range from 20%- 50% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.