Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Technical Writer to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Technical Writer is responsible for writing and editing build instructions and technical engineering documentation.
- This person must be able to follow build sequence and translate technical terms into text that any reader can understand.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, content, and method.
- Getting information by observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Take the initiative and proactively pursue a job by interaction with the staff members who source the contents of documents in work.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Liaise with production and engineering personnel and read other material to become familiar with product technologies.
- Generation and upkeep of tool manuals.
- Writing of technical electro-mechanical build procedures, test documentation, customer or service bulletins, maintenance instructions and other technical documentation as required.
- Sustained previous experience in a technical writing role.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have an excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and can interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have organization and planning abilities.
- Highly motivated individual proactive and initiative.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Competence required in clearly documenting small mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Contract position. Competitive contract rates offered. Minimum 12 month contract.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.