Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Technical Director to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
- Discover and implement new technologies that provide competitive advantage to the business.
- Lead the company technology roadmap at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Lead the technical team (engineering, compliance, projects and IT) to maximise their performance and development both individually and collectively.
- Deliver new product development projects on time, on budget, on specification and to the required standards.
- Oversee and deliver a technology roadmap that provides a cohesive "technology platform" across multiple product ranges, over several years.
- Provide a vision for how technology will be used in the company
- Outline goals for research and development
- Ensure our resources meet the company's long-term and short-term needs.
- Prioritise products, projects and technologies that offer the greatest strategic advantages to the business.
- Oversee each products lifecycle from conception to retirement and allocate technical resources appropriately
- Ensure all company products meet certification requirements
- Ensure company products have a sustainable competitive advantage over the mid-long term
- Communicate effectively with all stake holders, internally, externally and at all levels
- Plan and manage the Technical Departments budget
- Improve our processes, systems and procedures for long-term benefits
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company's overall objectives and resources
- Implement innovative technologies
- Ensure all new product development projects flow through the internal product development process and product changes through the system
- Drive continuous improvement of products, processes, quality and cost to improve our competitiveness
- Hold monthly 1-2-1 meetings and annual appraisals with all members of your team, improve their performance and develop their careers
- Communicate and introduce new technologies and ideas within the department and wider company
- Degree in Engineering
- Relevant industry experience in a similar role (Director level)
- 5+ years of managing a team of 10+ staff
- Track record of bringing innovation into businesses successfully
- Track record of improving teams and developing people
- Ability to make decisions based on high quality interpretation of information
- Demonstrable ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects on-time, on-specification and on budget
- Excellent IT skills
- Great analytical and maths skills
- A commitment to self-development and professional development
- Excellent judgement, problem solving and critical thinking
- Leadership and organisation skills
- MBA / Masters in a technical field
- Knowledge of IoT applications or firmware
- Demonstratable knowledge of wider business strategy.
- Ability to grow and develop within the business.
- Full driving licence
- Up to £70000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.