Due to our clients dynamic growth, they are expanding their team in Edinburgh and are actively recruiting for a Technical Asset Manager covering their onshore Wind projects.
Take overall ownership of several operational wind farms, supported by Wind Farm Managers and Junior member of the team, ensuring successful delivery of the contracted scope of services
- Customer Relations - Primary contact for site owners, managing all customer queries, ensuring they are dealt with promptly and to the highest standards
- Contract Management - management of all contracts and agreements associated with the sites, ensuring that all requirements and obligations are met and managing all breaches on behalf of the owners.
- Operations Management - Managing internal and external resources to plan works with production maximisation as the goal, helping to define and manage the annual OPEX budgets
- Technical Analysis - performing detailed technical analysis to determine factors and trends that impact production and asset life
- Contractor Management - measuring contractor performance, ensuring all obligations are met, defining and measuring KPI's to ensure value to the customer
- Information Management - Ensuring all historical data and documentation is complete and available to the customer
- Reporting - create detailed customer reports on site performance and contractual compliance and giving recommendations to customers
- Procurement - lead or support the procurement process for appointing contractors for specific individual works and for new O&M arrangements
- Technical Advisory - Integration of client sites under construction into operations, due diligence and on-boarding of new sites from successful tenders, advising customers on technical queries, recommending improvements and managing additional service projects
Candidates will have the following profile:
Degree qualified in Engineering, Project Management or other relevant discipline; consideration will be given to those without but with significant experience in a similar role
Experience - previous experience with managing the technical operations of onshore wind farms or similar technologies
Industry Knowledge - understanding of wind turbine technology, wind farm operations, SCADA systems, wind farm balance of plant equipment and UK HSE legislation
Contract Management - Proven track record with managing contracts; able to read, understand and enforce contracts effectively
Analysis - attention to detail, able to manipulate and assess data to see patterns and trends
Communication - customer orientated with the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate at all levels, both written and verbally
Personality - Naturally well prepared and organised able to deal with competing priorities, manage a diverse workload and meet targets and deadlines
IT Skills - highly proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages with excellent excel skills
Drivers Licence - due to the nature of the role there is a requirement for a valid licence
The following skills would be desirable:-
DESIRABLE: Valid IOSH or NEBOSH qualification ; Specialist experience in the wind industry in the areas or mechanical or electrical engineering or environmental management ; Ability to programme for data analysis
For more information on these exciting opportunities please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.