Team Administrator (Early Ventures)
LifeArc is a medical research charity with a 25-year legacy of helping scientists and organisations turn their research into treatments and diagnostics for patients.
We are pioneering new ways to turn great science into greater patient impact and do so by bringing together a network of partners to tackle specific diseases and by directly funding academic and early-stage research.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our newly established Early Ventures team and it's a great time to join as they work together to deliver a strategy focussed on delivering positive patient impact through early translational research and innovative technologies.
- Acting as a primary point of contact for general day to day enquires into the Early Ventures team
- Responsible for responding to and arranging introductory, diligence and transaction meetings
- Provide high standards of customer service of internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and up-to-date logging of data and communications in Salesforce and updating records and notes for investments
- Raise PO's, pay suppliers and update appropriate budgets to ensure timely production of management information including forecasts
- Diary and event management for the Early Ventures team of five.
- Responsible for organising logistics, meetings rooms and correspondence including notifying relevant parties and ensure meeting/event is set up and runs effectively.
- Management of filing and archiving of all relevant documentation.
- Must have some experience in working either in financial services or venture investing as the incumbent will be responsible for co-ordinating internal tracking and data flow on investments and co-ordinating the preparation of data for the Investment Committee
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality and discretion as appropriate whilst working in an environment of collaboration.
- Experience in dealing with high profile persons with complicated diary pressures would be an advantage, as will be interfacing with long term partners of LifeArc including global investors and scientists
- Proven experience of providing a great administrative service and dealing with internal and external customers
- High degree of organisational skills required to manage scheduling and meeting / travel organisation for the team
- Excellent IT skills specifically knowledge of MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Enthusiastic, confident with excellent organisational and communication skills and a positive attitude.
Your salary will be determined by qualifications and experience. In addition, LifeArc offers a defined contribution pension scheme, private health insurance, a flexible benefits scheme and 31 days paid holiday per year.
LifeArc is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you want to work for LifeArc to:
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.