Gloucester (very flexible working from home arrangements available)
£50,000 - £60,000
A newly-created position in an international Gloucester-based business for a Tax Manager with broad indirect tax experience. With responsibility for a large EMEA region, the post-holder will support a number of entities with their indirect tax reporting and related queries. You may also have the opportunity to assist in other tax-related matters and group transfer pricing.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation, completion and filing of quarterly VAT returns across EMEA and all compliance work such as, EC Sales list and Intrastat
- Liaising with AP, AR and Finance to review individual transactions and make any necessary corrections
- Working with Treasury to forecast when large VAT payments will occur
- Preparation of VAT reconciliations for auditors
- Managing the 'making tax digital' projects for EMEA entities
- Managing errors and exceptions to minimise the impact on financial results and avoid non-compliance penalties with Tax Authorities
- Ownership of any VAT audits/queries in a professional, timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring that all relevant VAT changes are considered in terms of system impact and that the information is communicated and documented appropriately.
- Documenting the VAT process and communicating to the wider finance team as necessary
- Keeping up to date on current tax practices and technical issues
- Involvement in, and initiation of, projects on process/system efficiencies
- Analysing VAT Group set-up to identify where optimisations can be made
- Opportunities to work with Group Tax Function on global projects with regards to indirect tax
- Assisting with the group transfer pricing
We are looking for an excellent communicator who can work across several teams and has a good command of Excel. Naturally we are after a suitably qualified tax professional with in-depth understanding of indirect tax and UK VAT legislation and reporting requirements. You will be highly organised, be able to work on a number of different projects at any one time and display strong research and analytical skills.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.