£30,000 - £35,000
Kelly Services are looking to speak with experienced Synthetic Chemists to work at our client's site in Northumberland. As a growing and successful business, they employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Plan, perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures. Conduct route development and/or technology transfer studies in support of a range of grams to kilograms (for API development), considering scalability, safety, and cost of goods for the proposed route. Support scale-up and manufacturing phases. Developing competencies in API synthesis. Should be able to plan and perform synthesis in accordance with regulations etc. Involvement in major projects, taking guidance from other team members. Capable of running small projects with assistance. Communication with customers primarily through more senior staff. Should be involved in the routine day to day activities which enable the department to function effectively. Capable of liaising with other departments (e.g., QC where interactions with the QC team are required). Should be able to put together cost proposals with assistance
* Plan and perform syntheses and purifications of various chemical and/or labelled chemical entities within agreed timeframes. Maintain Laboratory Notebooks, prepare Analytical Data Sheets and reports.
* Design synthetic routes. Prepare cost estimates and client proposals with assistance and in collaboration with BD liaise with clients to facilitate the award of projects to API Development.
* Capable of acting as Project Manager for small scale syntheses as assigned. Communication with customers primarily through more senior staff. Involvement in major projects, taking guidance from other team members.
* Manufacture API at the tens of grams to tens of kilogram scale.
* Apply the skills highlighted above to the manufacture of non-pharmaceutical materials, impurities, and degradation products at the milligram to low gram scale through to the tens of grams to tens of kilogram scale.
* Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the CMC team
* Contribute to laboratory operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, contracts, housekeeping, stock control, disposals and liaise with other departments dealing with such matters.
* Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures, and client requirements,
* Work with due regard to health &safety of self and others.
* Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs. Capable of liaising with other departments (e.g., CMC where interactions with the QC team are required).
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in Synthetic organic chemistry, either at Doctoral level or Graduate with relevant industrial experience.
Other skills and experience required:
* Knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering route selection. Full awareness of the current regulatory environment, a comprehensive understanding of process analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing and a good understanding of the factors controlling API physical form. Good written and oral communication skills.
* Will require training on appreciation of scale up and operation of scale up equipment. Requires regular supervision from team leader and mentoring from designated team members
* An excellent record in Synthetic organic chemistry, either at Doctoral level or Graduate with minimum of one year's relevant industrial experience.
* In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
On offer is an excellent compensation package along with the chance to work for a market leader in their field with an excellent company culture as well as relocation assistance for the right candidate
To express an interest in this position, please apply or contact the Kelly Scientific team in Newcastle for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.