Our Client are a leading biotechnology business based in Edinburgh. The company currently require a talented Supply Chain Manager to join the business.
- Day to day management of the supply chain team.
- Lead by example to both supply chain team and other departments.
- Responsible for the use of Odoo ERP systems and demand forecasting model (S & OP) to ensure on time availability for all products and services.
- Develop, implement, and sustain production planning system to align with S & OP model.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitoring shipping schedules to ensure that orders are fulfilled in time meeting customers' expectations.
- Working with Quality & Manufacturing departments to ensure products are available on time.
- Managing relationships with existing and new suppliers and negotiate contract terms to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms.
- Set up supplier agreements with OEM & dual supply for 'high risk' materials.
- Establish systems for the packing, shipping, and labelling of high value, biologically sensitive materials.
- Use understanding of incoterms to minimize any shipping delays.
- Continually monitoring courier service levels Daily / Weekly /Monthly) and costs.
- Challenging current 'courier' and shipping models including materials
- Report key performance data of the supply chain group to the COO e.g., capacity, progress against targets, failure rates, shipping lead time, etc.
- ERP system (Odoo) data is continually updated to ensure accuracy of information for financial reporting and product and service planning.
- Leading Weekly Commercial / Shipping / OEM / Forecasting meeting.
- Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or Institute of Supply Chain Management Level 7+
- IATA Carriage of Dangerous Goods by air Certificate
- 5 Years + as a Supply Chain Manager preferably with experience in shipping internationally with 'cold' couriers
- Proven track record in supplier management and use of ERP and Supply & Demand (S&OP) systems.
- Demonstrable success in supply chain optimisation including setting up a sustainable supplier's network
- Track record of achievements, using a common sense / non theoretical approach
- Knowledge of Incoterms post Brexit.
- Up to £50000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.