Our Client is a leading engineering consultancy based in South East England. The company currently require a talented Software Portfolio Analyst to join the team.
Purpose of the Role:
The primary objective of the Software Portfolio Analyst is to facilitate the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager's agenda to maximise the business value of the businesses software portfolio.
- Key objectives include: evaluation of software to ensure business relevance, assisting in the preparation of licence renewals, determining ways to reduce the portfolio through data analysis and assisting the Software Asset Management Team and Application Team with the end to end software process.
- The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions within budget constraints. They will be able to prioritise their workload effectively.
- Support the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager to rationalise software portfolio.
- Provide application demand forecasting as directed by the Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager.
- Assist Software Portfolio and Configuration Manager to identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing and services.
- Collaborate with Procurement and Asset Management teams on contract negotiation, renewals, vendor management activities, inventory management, purchasing and delivery activities.
- Support automated process improvement activities with internal Automation Technical Design Authority.
- Monitor trend reports to support business decisions
- Collaborate with IT product owners to align activity to product and delivery roadmaps.
- Support the production of metrics to illustrate the business benefits/value of each application in the portfolio.
- Assist with the day to day management of the Configuration Management Database, ensuring that data quality and accuracy is of the highest standard.
- Production and delivery of reports - status accounting, trend analysis, high value, reporting on high impact configuration items. ad hoc.
- Managing engagement with stakeholders; linkages to other areas that may be dealing with.
- Develop, review and improve processes to maximise efficiencies.
- Work with third party suppliers, helping to drive desired results.
- Ability to understand and administer full process plans and complex data.
- Ability to learn quickly and support change on an organisation.
- Excellent communication, presentation and reasoning skills.
- An appreciation and understanding of software management in a large organisaton.
- An understanding of the Customer's business and how IT contributes to the delivery of a product or service.
- Excellent communication, networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships.
- Process orientated with a methodical and planned approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, data management and reporting skills.
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Experience working within an ITIL aligned Service Delivery organisation.
- Knowledge of engineering and design software products
- Qualifications: ITLv3 Foundation.
- Working knowledge of Service Now.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements.
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams, 3rd parties and business stakeholders.
- Confidence and professionalism.
- Analytic skills and ability to synthesise large data sets.
- Competitive salary offered, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.