Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing business based in Norfolk. The company currently require at talented Software Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
- A software engineer is required to develop and support software used alongside company hardware.
- This software will be used across sectors aswell as supporting OEM integration of our products.
- It is also expected there will be opportunities to develop firmware targeted for microcontrollers embedded within company products.
- The successful candidate will become an integral member of a small R+D team
- Must have C#/C++ industry experience.
- Happy to work on a large range of projects as the team is growing.
- An understanding of older C++ standards with interest in modern standards too (c++11 and newer).
- .NET framework 4.8 knowledge with interest in moving to .NET 5/6.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio.
- Understanding of SCM either svn/git/mercurial.
- Ability to interact with other members of the team
- Generate documentation
- Image processing experience.
- Interest in astro photography and/or life sciences.
- Building c++ code cross platform. (ARM/Linux/macOS)
- Knowledge of Windows COM platform.
- An interest in Verilog/VHDL and FPGA hardware languages.
- Use of project management software OpenProject/Jira.
- Use of a build system like Jenkins.
- Understanding of unit testing and other testing methodologies.
- Experience using TortoiseSVN or svn from the command line.
- Understanding of legacy Visual Basic/Basic for maintenance and upgrade of older software.
- Up to £40,000 plus benefits
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.