Job Title: Shipping & Inventory Coordinator
Location: Chesterford, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £24-25k (hourly equivalent)
Duration: 2-3 Months, Temporary
About the company
Kelly Services are currently working in partnership with a leading Bio-science company. They have a passion for great science, delivering epic support and innovating future products to help their customers advance faster in their research.
About the job role
You will enjoy a varied role, providing support to the Supply Chain team by assisting in the control of stock across multiple sites and also ensuring that shipments are sent in a timely manner to fulfil customer needs.
- Preparation of customer orders including the preparation of all documents
- Seeking out the most suitable logistic solution for the customer
- Ensuring accurate packing of items and fast delivery to the customer
- Maintaining inventory of packaging stock
- Managing stock levels
- Communication with couriers, other sites and customers via phone and email
- Ensuring backlog of customer orders are kept to a minimum
- Keeping a track of all information via various inhouse and courier systems
You will have experience of working within a shipping/logistics environment and:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to pick up new systems quickly
- Able to manage changing priorities and work in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working within the Life Science industry would be a distinct advantage
This is a temporary role for 2-3 months with a possible extension. The hours for this role are Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4.30pm but flexibility will be required dependent on business needs.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.