Service Desk Agent
To provide a single point of contact for users, dealing with the management of both routine and non-routine incidents, problems and requests. Provision of 1st line support for incidents.
* Technical Capability. Works under supervision, supporting standard technical queries related to a single product/small set of products (e.g. Microsoft products, operating system, basic networking, PCs).
* Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of customer's environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of a first class service.
* Process. Documents actions taken in resolving routine customer enquiries ensuring established processes/systems are followed.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding basic customer problems asking relevant questions to resolve typically known problems within required timescales. Knows when problems are 'beyond them' and escalates so they can be resolved.
* Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectation/SLAs. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Team Working. Acts as a team player and is viewed by colleagues as a helpful and effective member of the team.
* Personal Development Takes ownership of own development and has a development plan in place.
Description of project:
The Home Office SSD receives in excess of 20,000 contacts per month across multiple sites within the UK. The desk is growing in size with new business projects constantly being introduced.
Job purpose & accountabilities:
To answer phone calls, emails and action other forms of Digital Contacts from the Home Office to be handled to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
Educated to GCSE grade
To demonstrate the following:-
Excellent problem solving skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Planning and organising skills.
High degree of initiative and creativity.
High degree of proactivity and forward-thinking.
Excellent data analysis skills and attention to detail.
Can Do Approach
Ability to work to deadlines and manage personal stress levels.
Skills on the job:
Experience in a Helpdesk/Customer Service environment with good communication skills and ability to cope under pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills and analytical ability. Team spirit - high personal standards commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
Key Performance Indicators:
* Feedback from customers, colleagues and team managers.
* Technical assessments if applicable
* Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
* Correct management of processes followed to deliver the service.
* Percentage of customer problems resolved within required timescales.
* Meeting service level requirements.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.