We are looking for a talented Senior Test Technician to join our team specialising in Engineering for our Engine Business Segment in Darlington.
This is a permanent role working 8-week rotation, 12 hours shifts 7.00am - 7.00pm and 7.00pm - 7.00am.
Salary is £29,000 - £33,000 depending on experience along with shift allowance and the potential for overtime.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Builds, repairs, and prepares articles for testing and associated auxiliary equipment. Installs test article into test structure (test cell, table, rig, etc.).
- Performs tests in accordance with set test methods, established test procedures and methodology.
- Consistently provides accurate and reliable test results.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the function on of the test equipment used to perform test and the contribution of the test equipment to the validity of the test results.
- Configures and operates data acquisition systems; analyses and reviews data for appropriateness.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the functioning of the product under test to assess the contribution of the product to the validity of the test results.
- Performs test stand installation, troubleshooting and setups and the upkeep and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Provides support/recommendations to engineering for equipment supplier evaluation and qualification, equipment and facility updates and instrument specification
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Requires significant relevant work experience or specialised skills obtained through education, training, or on-the-job experience.
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent would be preferred or working towards these would also be considered.
- Deliver content of test plan for the Product Development test facility.
- Conduct initial data analysis and deliver quality results in agreed electronic formats.
- Set up and run test instrumentation and equipment as required, ensuring accurate, validated data is obtained for all test cycles.
- Lead specific test projects to support program requirements.
- Effectively communicate status within and across teams.
- Creation and development of work instructions & processes in line with corporate quality including HSE responsibility.
- Controlled tear down and rebuilds, prepare engines for test, fault diagnosis and rectification to ensure good test progress against the work plan and instructions.
- Record data, torque settings, backlash etc. Record detrimental conditions found on the engine.
- Once assigned cells are running good teamwork is expected to help others for example changing parts on engines/after treatment & helping to remove/install engines from test cells to maximise cell up time.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.