Our Client are a leading Engineering Consultancy based in the South East of England. The company currently require a talented Senior Security Engineer to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced security engineer to work in a team providing security services for multiple users in a distributed, global network.
- As part of this team you will be responsible for delivering key objectives on our roadmap to improve our security posture, user experience and enabling the business to fully leverage the opportunities of Cloud, mobility and Internet based collaboration.
- You will be a flexible, problem solving, security engineer who is also capable of analyzing potential security incidents, automating security processes and driving change.
- Leading the implementation of initiatives on our security roadmap
- Ensuring appropriate levels of documentation for support and operations
- Supporting our antimalware infrastructure
- Supporting our Privileged Access Management solution including developing solutions for new use cases, documenting our existing service, transitioning the service to operations and providing high level support.
- Undertaking risk assessments to approve exemptions and to support projects from other teams
- Investigating security incidents reported by users and developing processes to triage
- Identifying and driving the remediation of technical vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Developing and maintaining security incident response plans
- Demonstrable experience in a multinational IT team:
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Hands on experience in the use and operation of a range of security systems such as;
- vulnerability management systems,
- intrusion detection systems,
- anti-virus software, authentication systems,
- multi-factor authentication,
- log management,
- email security systems covering malware and phishing,
- device control.
- Cloud PaaS and IaaS security
- Cloud security services
- Experience of leading the implementation of new security systems and maintaining existing security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Solid understanding of authentication protocols and principles
- Experience of using PowerShell for security
- Working with ITIL processes
- Working to recognised security standards such as ISO 27001
- Using common utilities for detecting, evaluating and responding to malware
- Visualisation security
- Storage security
- Security development life cycles
- Software development methodologies
- Developing security requirements for software and system acquisition and development
- Experience of using Python and other scripting languages.
- Competitive Salary offered plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.