Sai Life Sciences:
Sai Life Sciences is a Contract Research & Development and Manufacturing Organisation working with 7 of the top 10 pharma companies globally, as well as many leading niche biotechs. The company works with its clients to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of complex small molecules for a healthier tomorrow. With more than 2000 staff and ambitious growth plans, their vision is to support their global innovator partners to bring 25 new medicines to life by 2025.
Following a significant investment in a state of the art laboratory at the Alderley Park Biotech & Life Science Cluster, Sai Life Sciences is now creating a centre of excellence (COE) for process chemistry and analytical development. The COE will identify, develop and optimise synthetic routes to API, supporting both early and late development. It will also manufacture non-GMP kg quantities of intermediates and APIs in its bespoke Scale-up laboratory facility. The developed processes may then be transferred to SAI manufacturing sites across India.
This is an opportunity to shape the development of a world leading laboratory and work closely with some of the most innovative biotech and pharma companies on their most important programmes.
Sai is looking for a Senior Scientist who is seeking a new challenge to support the development of their Process Engineering team.
The successful candidate will have a background in Chemical Engineering combined with demonstrated expertise in the scale-up and process understanding of chemical process unit operations in the manufacture of APIs, intermediates and raw materials. Experience in technology transfer and commercial production would also be advantageous. The candidate is expected to support chemistry projects to develop the process engineering knowledge and lead the scale-up from lab to Scale-up lab to production scale in India.
- Higher or Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline with several years' relevant experience in a Process Chemistry or Manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in chemical engineering solutions for the design and scale-up of novel manufacturing processes, working alongside R&D scientists and plant engineers
- A demonstrated ability to handle several projects in different stages of development at the same time.
- In-depth, hands-on expertise and up-to-date knowledge of wide range of chemistry unit operations such as reactions, distillation, separation, filtration and drying.
- Strong scientific track record and project leadership experience
Key roles and responsibilities
- Deliver robust and reliable processes for manufacturing plant.
- Scientific delivery of primary unit operations that are designed, studied, modelled, and technically transferred to ensure successful scale-up and implementation
- Working within multi-functional project teams operating to tight deadlines
- Leading the process engineering aspects of projects both at Alderley and with process and plant engineers in India.
- Learning agility in the utilisation of new technologies to support projects
- Ability to solve complex scientific problems
The successful candidates will have a flexible approach to their work and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communication; both verbal and written
- A team player
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude with good attention to detail
- Good project management and supervisory skills
- Competent in the use of key process engineering and modelling software packages
- A competitive Salary and Benefits package
- Work in a state of the art laboratory on one the country's leading Biotech & Life Science Parks
- Access to great facilities including an on-site gym
- Opportunity of periodic travel to India
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.