Salary Negotiable DOE
Kelly Services, working on behalf of an International Health Care client are recruiting for an experienced Senior Pharmacist to commence work in February 2021. Based at our client's site in Northampton, this is a 12-month contract for the right person.
This role involves some nightshift working patterns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Physical checking of all prescriptions and orders that contain POM & P (Prescription Only Medicines & Pharmacy medicines) and ancillary items before their dispatch
Ensuring that pharmacy patient dispensing processes are compliant with:
· GPhC (General Pharmaceutical Council)
· RPS (Royal Pharmaceutical Society)
· Company Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
· Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
· Good Warehousing Practices (GWP)
· Corporate Quality Manual & ISO standards.
Ensuring all Standards and Guidelines issued by the GPhC and the RPS are met and are implemented as part of their practice.
Ensuring the appropriate clinical and governance arrangements as set out in the RPS standards for homecare services are in place.
Being the Responsible Pharmacist (RP) when appointed by the pharmacy manager and or Superintendent Pharmacist.
Training and/or advising any relevant personnel across all business function in pharmacy & legal requirements.
Supervising pharmacy checkers, warehouse pickers and loaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure all POM & P medicines are 100% checked for accuracy in product code, product description, batch, expiry date and quantity required.
· Ensure all errors are recorded on designated forms and corrected. For serious errors complete a Pharmacist Intervention Form.
· Make sure that on all home patient orders, patient labels (pharmacist labels) are correct and are applied to every box of product and one to the box of ancillary products.
· All POM & P medicines must be labelled in accordance with the labelling requirements in the Medicines, Ethics and Practice guide for Pharmacists and the labelling recommendations of the NPSA.
· Works under the guidance of SOPs, GPhC and RPS standards and guidance documents.
· Ensure the name of the patient on the pharmacy labels matches the name on the dispatch label.
· Check all orders in a timely manner to ensure that they meet scheduled deliveries.
· Check all returns and complete the relevant documents.
· Ensure a hand over is completed before the end and the beginning of each shift.
· Clinically check all prescriptions.
· Recording all prescriptions errors and reporting appropriately.
· Carrying out Risk Assessments and reporting appropriately.
· Audit the service against set targets.
· Provide advice on medicines and processes to patients, prescribers and company employees.
· Ensure all complaints are followed up, investigated, managed and reported appropriately.
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments in pharmacy practice, medicines and pharmacy legislation as part of their own CPD.
Responsible Pharmacist (RP) duties:
· Secure the safe and effective running of the pharmacy.
· Display a notice with your name and registration number.
· Complete the pharmacy record to identify who the responsible pharmacist is at any one time.
· Ensure all entries made in the responsible pharmacist register are accurate and complete.
· Maintain and keep under review procedures for safe working.
· Record any absence from the pharmacy in the responsible pharmacist register.
· File Prescriptions to enable easy access to each patient's detailed history and assure patient and customer confidentiality.
· Ensure all prescriptions and legal documents are held for the required duration.
· Ensure all outstanding prescriptions are retrieved to ensure compliance.
Membership of GPhC.
Master's degree in pharmacy (MPharm)
Ability to work on own initiative
Experience in supervising staff
Expert knowledge of good dispensing and distribution practice
Ability to deal with unpredictable workload
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to work under a changing shift pattern
Excellent verbal, numeric and written communication skills
Able to communicate with a wide range of staff
Report writing skills
Ability to work independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.