Senior Payroll Clerk
Part time: 20-25 hrs. per week.
Great opportunity to work for a rapidly growing accountancy practice based in central Gloucester. With an easily commutable location situated near the picturesque Gloucester Docks you can reach our client from Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Stroud and the local area.
Our client's office offers a relaxed environment where the whole team works together on growing and developing all new and existing client relationships. Being able to deliver a great customer service and the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team is essential. A real factor for your success will be your ease of communication both with colleagues and clients.
Some of the elements in the role include:
- Ensuring that deadlines are met
- Providing excellent customer service to clients
- Running multiple payrolls for companies with various numbers of staff in various industries.
- Using BrightPay or willing to do a training course
- Comprehensive understanding of the HMRC PAYE and CIS scheme
- Being organised and happy to follow procedures due to the complexity of the clients
- Must be willing to speak to HMRC regularly and resolve PAYE and CIS issues
- Must have excellent attention to detail and communication skills as well as confidentiality.
- Ad-hoc duties required by company directors.
To be successful for the role you will ideally come from a practice of financial background. You will thrive when working towards deadlines. Be happy to work as part of a team or on your own. Be experienced in payroll. Have competence in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Last but not least be calm, cheerful and have a good sense of humour.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.