Our Client are a leading engineering consultancy based in the South East of England. The company currently require a talented Senior Network Architect to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
- As the Senior Network Engineer, you will join the network engineering team to provide solution architecture SME's inputs, based on best practice, to maintain, develop and mature numerous products.
- As the specialist in your trade, you will be one of the accountable SME resources responsible for existing and new network services.
- This will entail selecting, designing, documenting and implementing new solutions and retrofitting improvements to existing environments.
- Providing SME support to the operations team is also required for complex issues.
- An important part of this role will be to challenge the normal approach and provide alternatives for improvement.
- Producing network designs to meet business needs and following current standards
- Maintaining network standards to ensure they continue to meet best practice guidelines
- Keeping up to date on networking trends and developments and identifying how they could benefit the company.
- Analysing network products and technologies and making recommendations to influence technical direction.
- Is result oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility. The expectation is that involving an architect in a project is a guarantee of obtaining positive outcomes.
- Working with the Network Operations team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Involved in ensuring the application teams understand the impact of network constraints and provide recommendations to ensure successful deployments.
- Demonstrable experience of network technologies in a global business.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication, both verbal and written, skills
- Able to demonstrate detailed knowledge and understanding of networking concepts
- Extensive technical skills covering a broad range of network technologies, it is not necessary to be a specialist in any one area.
- A passion for networking and staying abreast of new developments.
- Experience of taking a requirement through analysis, solution design, testing, deployment and hand-over to an operations team for BAU support.
- Experience of working with cloud service providers and outsourcers.
- Detailed hands-on experience of design, configuration and management covering several of the following technical areas in a global organisation:Software Defined Networking, Network Access Control,Network automation, Network monitoring, WAN design and technologies, LAN design and technologies, WLAN design and technologies, WANOP technologies.
- It would be advantageous to have some knowledge of: Windows NPS, Windows networking, VMWare, IPSEC and SSL VPNs,Remote access technologies, AAA.
- Up to £55,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.