Role: Senior Manager - Corporate Communications UK
Location: Uxbridge, UB9. Flexible office/remote or fully remote.
Starting date: 7th of January
Duration: 5 months + possibility to extend
Rate: £25 - £30 per hour
Our client, a global cloud-led, data-centric software company, is seeking a self-motivated, seasoned and creative corporate communications professional to join our communications team in the United Kingdom. Based in our headquarters in Uxbridge, the candidate will be responsible for designing and executing global and local external communication strategies (including media relations, thought leadership and social media) that further generate market awareness for NetApp in the U.K. and internal communications programs that keep employees informed, engaged and inspired.
This ideal candidate for this role has a track record of generating press mentions in tier 1 outlets. Data-driven and KPIs-oriented, she/he/they are a strategic thinker who can thrive in a global fast-paced environment. Exceptional writing skills are critical to success, in addition to the ability to understand and disseminate complex technical information to create appealing, concise narratives. A high degree of creativity and technology domain knowledge is a plus.
- Develop and execute strategic public relations plans that drive awareness to market impact in the U.K.
- Work closely with the global and EMEA public relations team to align localized PR plans with the global communications strategy
- Work cross-functionally with teams including marketing, analyst relations, customer references, etc. to build compelling, data-driven media pitches
- Contribute to our global storytelling efforts by using global and locally-relevant data points, customer stories and insights to generate positive press mentions in tier 1 media outlets and favorably shape the perception of NetApp as an industry leader among key stakeholders
- Proactively seek media opportunities and identify local and global active news cycle (or emerging ones) that we can leverage to share some relevant data points and position the company as a thought leader in the U.K. on current events / news
- Create, manage and nurture relationships with key journalists at tier 1 outlets and demonstrate an ability to bring an outside-in perspective to media relations to achieve consistent top tier results
- Maintain and expand our U.K. Speakers Bureau
- Support executive spokespeople throughout media engagements by providing them with media training, staffing interviews and managing required follow up
- Write high quality written materials including pitches, press releases, Q&A/FAQ, contributed articles and keynote presentations.
- Partner with the internal Social Media team and local PR agency to localize corporate social media messages, amplify top PR results and engage in relevant conversations across local channels.
- Serve as a key point of contact for issues management with the press or on social media
- Partner with the Events Marketing team to support our event presence
- Partner with our HR team to support our recruitment and retention efforts locally (employer branding)
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting of KPIs using Cision/Trendkite.
- Manage UK PR agency team to ensure consistent delivery of top tier media results against pre-determined KPIs within the allocated budget
- Deliver strategic internal and external communications counsel to senior executives
- Develop and implement an agile employee communications and engagement strategy and roadmap
- Support key culture and HR initiatives (locally and globally)
- Work closely with leadership team and help execute employee communications channels and tools, such as recurring All Hands meetings and internal newsletters
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 8+ years of corporate communications or public relations experience (including at least 4 years of internal communications experience) engaging directly with media in the technology industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Established relationships with tier 1 business, news and tech media outlets in the UK
- Track of record of building, pitching and managing stories with top tier outlets
- Demonstrates a strategic mindset with solid business acumen
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain quality work under tight deadlines with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adaptability, comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience coordinating high-touch media events including supporting spokespeople, developing content and managing detailed planning and logistics.
- Experience developing sticky social media content for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more.
- Current knowledge of digital communications techniques and social media engagement tools and techniques, media monitoring best practices, stakeholder briefing and coaching, and budget allocation principles
- Bachelor's degree or higher required with emphasis in journalism, public relations, marketing, or communications
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.