Our Client are a leading Engineering Consultancy based in the South East of England. The company currently require a talented Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the business.
Purpsoe of the Role:
- This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in one of our prime IT strategic initiatives, as we are seeking a talented, motivated professional with a sense of adventure, diversity of thought, and the combination of creativity and experience to make a difference. You will be part of Infrastructure Configurations & Automations team which architects, develops and implements the delivery of Microsoft Systems Centre products.
- This role may suit an individual who has extensive experience in the delivery and management of Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager and its diverse set of features within a large globally distributed environment.
- Manage, review and monitor all elements of Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager service.
- Produce detailed reports as to the health, capacity and status of the service.
- Resolving 3rd line support calls.
- Manage the end to end delivery of security updates throughout the enterprise.
- Support and maintain operating system deployments, builds and releases.
- Work closely with other members of the Technical Services team to ensure that complex infrastructure issues are resolved within a timely manner.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments, evaluating the modern technologies and implementing where required.
- Plan and manage the service technology life cycle, deploying appropriate application versions and updates as required
- Strong documentation skills.
- Monitoring and optimising the server environment.
- Managing technical policies and standards.
- Microsoft Systems Centre Configurations Manager and all associated features within a large environment.
- Demonstrable experience with TSQL, VB and PowerShell scripting.
- Detailed understanding on vulnerability management within an enterprise.
- Operating system imaging through SCCM.
- SSRS & PowerBI report writing.
Desireable Skills Required:
- Familiarity with other Microsoft System Centre products such as SCOM and SCORCH.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating systems.
- Active directory and Group Policy.
- HP, Cisco server hardware and VMware virtualisation technologies.
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Excellent technical understanding of IT infrastructure products, standards and configuration
- Problem ownership and accountability, along with the initiative to identify/resolve potential problems without necessarily being assigned the task
- Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.