Senior Financial Accountant
£45,000 - £55,000
Our client operates in an interesting and dynamic sector and has both a UK and international reach. Due to an internal move, we are helping them with the recruitment of a high quality Senior Financial Accountant, joining a team of real pedigree and one that supports career development.
As Senior Accountant you would support financial reporting and tax compliance across the business and undertake the following tasks:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and related financial information
- Key point of contact for external auditors and accounting service providers
- Delivering improvements to existing processes for collecting and reporting financial information
- Working with the broader finance organisation to support harmonisation of key financial processes across UK entities
- Reviewing systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting to HMRC
- Undertaking ad-hoc financial analysis and accounting research as required to support key management decisions
- Supporting the wider team during month-end with accruals, allocations and adjustment entries
Our client is looking to speak to qualified accountants, probably ACA or ACCA. In an ideal world you would have a blend of practice and recent industry experience but we are flexible on that. If possible, we would like you to have some knowledge of tax, a familiarity with US GAAP and perhaps have touched on SAP in the past, however we know all of that is a tall order and can be reasonable! As you would expect with a role of this level, we would expect a good level of IT proficiency and excellent communication skills.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.