Senior European Business Development Manager
UK & Ireland
Kelly Services are currently representing an International Scientific Business in their pursuit of a Senor European Business Development Manager to cover the UK and Ireland territories. This is a remote working position and can be based anywhere within the UK or Ireland. You will be required to travel between countries with bi-annual trips to the USA.
We are keen to speak with individuals with a background in Oncology, Immunology Autoimmunology or Neurology. Whether this be from a proven working history or from an academic viewpoint.
Reporting to the Regional Director, European Business Development and working closely with the Business Unit Manager, In Vivo Services and Model Generation Services, the incumbent is responsible for increasing revenue generated by product and service sales within the assigned Business Unit (BU). Demonstrates a high-level of expertise in the utilisation of the mouse as a platform for basic biomedical and drug discovery research and in the solutions provided by the Laboratory to solve research problems.
* Meet or exceed the financial goal(s) for highly complex services delivered by The Laboratory by working in a collaborative manner with the Regional Director, European Business Development, Business Unit Managers, Marketing and other internal teams throughout the organisation.
* Execute a successful sales conversion strategy that increases market share for competitive product and service offerings at key commercial and academic accounts.
* Independently identify, assemble and present creative sales solutions to Business Unit Managers (BUMs) that result in large awarded studies.
* Proactively identify new customers, especially high-level commercial contacts and provide solutions that create long standing relationships to address their unique needs.
* Proactively maintain Salesforce - database with updated customer information as well as updated pipeline information on all business opportunities.
* Serve as the primary BU technical and scientific expert in the field. Use this knowledge to assist in the refinement of BU sales strategy and tactical approach throughout all territories. Master and deliver product presentations in the field.
* Travel with regional business Development Managers and subject matter experts to ensure their tactical sales approach is aligned with overall BU strategy and assist in providing product and service specific training and expertise to improve their technical competency.
* Actively seek, analyse and communicate market trends, intelligence and competitor information to management. Work with BUMs, Marketing and Sales to respond rapidly to changing markets and strategic new approaches for improving revenue performance.
* Demonstrate commitment to creating a high-performance culture and positive work environment. Includes continued effort toward improving the customer experience, coping with and supporting change, commitment to a solution driven approach to problem solving, and embracing leadership opportunities.
* Other duties as assigned
* Generate revenue and close awarded opportunities that exceed assigned targets.
* Increase in number and the value of agreements that position the company as a preferred supplier within assigned market segments and products.
* Increase awarded opportunities that convert high-value sales from competitors.
* Expand the market segment customer base by increasing the number of customers and number of accounts
* Increase in number and the dollar value of Statements of Work (SOW's) generated and increase win rates for highly complex services
* Increase market penetration and revenue performance at underperforming accounts.
* Increase market penetration and revenue performance at key Contract Research Organisations.
* Directly supports achieving forecasted revenue growth in Mice, Clinical & Research Services; and drives market share gains.
* Improves customer experience through better aligning business processes with the customer's business process.
* Establishes the Laboratory as thought leader in the field of mammalian genetics.
Qualifications and Skills
* An advanced degree in Science or Business is preferred, preceding requirement in addition to 5 years or more of direct business experience in biomedical or animal science sales including documented, successful territory management, strategic account development and a demonstrated ability to mentor peers and/or team.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, initiate and execute complex business strategies and to develop significant new accounts.
* Demonstrated technical and scientific expertise relevant to the sale and support of company products and services.
The successful candidate should have a committed interest in fulfilling the mission of the company. Ideally, the individual must have a confident, energetic, and persuasive style that will enable them to work productively and collaboratively within a research driven, non-profit organisation for the successful execution of strategy in achieving organisational goals.
A lucrative package is on offer including regular trips to the USA, Company Car scheme as well as reimbursement for home office bills.
Please send a CV to express your interest in the role or contact the Kelly Scientific team in Newcastle.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.