Our Client is leading engineering business based in Manchester. The company currently require a talented Senior Building Surveyor to join the company.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors providing a range of building surveying duties.
- Supporting the commission lead on various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator.
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Assisting preparation and submitting applications for Planning and Building Control consents.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
- Due Diligence surveys.
- Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and recording schedules of condition.
- Planned Maintenance Surveys.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management of projects.
- Measured surveys including the preparation of drawings in AutoCAD.
- Supporting the senior managers in their day-to-day activities.
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS.
- RICS Chartered Surveyor.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability, business development, and sound commercial awareness.
- Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- A full driving license and prepared to travel as required.
- Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project as minimum.
- Good AutoCAD skills.
- Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations.
- £40,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.