Senior Analytical Chemist
£50-£70,000 plus benefits
Alderley Park, Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Start Date - April / May 2020
Sai Life Sciences:
Sai Life Sciences is a Contract Research & Development and Manufacturing Organisation working with 7 of the top 10 pharma companies globally, as well as many leading niche biotechs. The company works with its clients to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of complex small molecules for a healthier tomorrow. With more than 2000 staff and ambitious growth plans, their vision is to support their global innovator partners to bring 25 new medicines to life by 2025.
Following a significant investment in a state-of-the-art laboratory at the Alderley Park Biotech & Life Science Cluster, Sai Life Sciences is now creating a centre of excellence (COE) for process chemistry and analytical development. The COE will identify, develop and optimise synthetic routes to API, supporting both early and late development. It will also manufacture non-GMP kg quantities of intermediates and APIs in its bespoke Scale-up laboratory facility. The developed processes may then be transferred to Sai Life Sciences manufacturing sites across India.
This is an opportunity to shape the development of a world leading laboratory and work closely with some of the most innovative biotech and pharma companies on their most important programmes.
We are looking for a number of experienced Senior Scientists who are seeking a new challenge to support the development of our Analytical Chemistry team.
The successful candidates will have a background in Analytical Chemistry combined with demonstrated expertise in HPLC and experience of other analytical methodologies utilized to characterise APIs, intermediates and raw materials.
Experience in contracting analytical testing with third parties and leading communications with customers would also be advantageous.
The candidate is expected to support chemistry projects, develop, validate and carry out technical transfer of analytical methods and provide analytical expert advice to Process Chemistry colleagues.
- Higher or Bachelor Degree in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline with several years' relevant experience in an Analytical Chemistry laboratory
- Significant expertise in troubleshooting HPLC methods
- Experienced in regulatory requirements for the development and validation of methods for content and the separation of impurities and degradation products in APIs including trace level analysis.
- In-depth, hands-on expertise and up-to-date knowledge of other analytical methodologies such as techniques for identity or form determination.
- Experience working to GMP or GLP
- Experience in out of specification and atypical result investigations.
- Strong scientific track record and analytical project leadership experience
Key roles and responsibilities
- Developing, troubleshooting and validating HPLC methods
- Working within multi-functional project teams operating to tight deadlines
- Leading the analytical aspects of projects both at Alderley and with analysts in India.
- Planning, supervising and executing analytical work to meet project timelines
- Learning agility in the utilisation of new techniques to support projects
- Ability to solve complex scientific problems
- Able to work effectively in a GMP laboratory
- Occasional travel to India to support projects.
The successful candidates will have a flexible approach to their work and demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent communication; both verbal and written
- A team player
- Conscientious with a can-do attitude with good attention to detail
- Good project management and supervisory skills
- Competent in the use of IT packages such as Word and Excel and in Analytical Data systems such as Empower 3.
- A competitive Salary and Benefits package
- Work in a state of the art laboratory on one the country's leading Biotech & Life Science Parks
- Access to great facilities including an on-site gym.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.