£44,000 - £48,000
A newly-created role to work as part of a small central finance team in a unique organisation based to the South of Stroud. Reporting directly in to the Finance Director and working as the number 2 in Finance, you will have responsibility for overseeing a number of entities, helping to bring together their results and producing the financial statements.
Some of your duties would include:
- Producing the monthly management accounts and finance pack
- Identifying variances between actual and budgeted numbers
- Completing all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversight of all ledger activity, ensuring the correct posting of journals, accruals and prepayments
- Checking all supplier payment runs are ready for submission to the banking system
- Supporting the delivery of the annual statutory financial statements
- Involvement in the budget-setting process
- Building and developing spreadsheet models to assist with forecasting
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with financial standards, policies and procedures
- Assisting in the preparation of business plans for bids and projects
Our client is looking for a professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with sound IT skills and a broad base of finance experience. Experience of working in a complex, multi-site operation would be useful and it would be a real advantage if you have some experience of working in the education and/or charity sectors.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.