Scientist: Lead Candidate Development: Biologics Job Description
We require an enthusiastic scientist to join our Antibody Humanisation team to produce optimised therapeutic molecules for a range of disease areas using antibody engineering techniques. You will be a highly motivated individual with experience of working on antibody-based drug discovery projects. The position would suit scientists with excellent attention to detail and communication skills who enjoy working collaboratively as key members of cross-functional project teams. You will be expected to show initiative and drive successful antibody-based drug discovery projects in several therapeutic areas.
You will have in-depth research experience of antibody engineering and characterisation and an understanding of protein structure-function studies. Previous work experience of antibody drug discovery within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries, including generation of bi-specifics, would be advantageous. We are seeking an individual with the skills and personality to become a valuable team member. As such, we are looking for a demonstrated ability to collaborate, both within and outside a team, as well as the adaptability and willingness to take on new roles or tasks to progress projects as priorities change.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of a range of molecular biology techniques (including PCR, cloning and DNA/RNA isolation), mammalian cell culture and transfection and protein biochemistry skills (including ELISA and FACS). Knowledge of other biochemical and biophysical methods of protein analysis would be an asset. The ability to accurately record, handle and interpret data is essential. You will enjoy thinking "outside the box" and presenting results and ideas in a fast-paced environment. Often working on multiple projects, the position will suit a highly organized individual with excellent time management skills.
We offer an environment that encourages an individual to use their initiative and to learn new skills, with opportunities to use the latest techniques and equipment. Previous work experience of antibody drug discovery including generation of bi-specifics within the pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry would be advantageous. The candidate should have a BSc, Msc or a PhD and suitable work experience.
Once trained and initially under supervision, the candidate will design and engineer therapeutic antibodies for projects across the portfolio, to deliver candidate molecules into development. They will use molecular biology techniques to clone and express antibodies recombinantly and assessment of antibody activity.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and other data to company standards.
- Perform all work demonstrating due care and attention to all health and safety and COSHH regulations.
- Demonstrate and maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in own area of expertise and apply it to the successful conduct of experiments.
- Independently conduct research in assigned area with efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Independently implement modifications to known methodology.
- Independently demonstrate ability to summarise and interpret raw data.
- Independently perform analysis of experimental results and develop hypotheses.
- Independently solve routine problems and develop solutions.
- Present (e.g. posters) to external scientific community at conferences.
- Provide concise verbal and written reports/presentations when required.
- Develop awareness of relevant Drug Discovery science.
- Ask for advice and assistance when necessary.
- Provide technical guidance to team members where possible.
- Interact with colleagues in all areas of LifeArc and provide help and assistance wherever possible.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.