Scientific Business Development Manager
UK Based - Remote Working
Kelly Services, working on behalf of our rapidly growing client based in Cambridge are keen to speak with experienced Business Development Managers from a Scientific field to cover UK operations of Business Development.
As the Scientific Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building revenue by developing and managing relationships with the Contract Research Organisation (CRO) network.
The role will develop CRO commercial propositions, recruit new CRO's, manage and develop existing relationships and develop new ways of working to benefit both CRO and biopharma clients to accelerate the oncology drug discovery process.
- Delivery of the CRO budget revenue and business plan
- Develop a commercial strategy to build our CRO business
- Build the network and capability that adds value to our business andbiopharma clients
- Identify and target the right CROs
- Active prospecting, nurturing and building relationships within CRO sales funnel
- Sign-up CROs to our support network
- Sign-up CROs to our database
- Identify new opportunities to deepen relationships and build our business
- Develop and manage the CRO validation process and ensure visibility for our biopharma clients
- Work with thebioinformatics team to
- ensure smooth data handovers between CRO and the company and the onboarding of the CRO as a partner
- use the CRO network to source models when required
- Build CRO relationships by
- Explore, develop and pursue marketing opportunities for CRO's to improve their engagement with our biopharma client base
- Manage and continuously improve the performance of the CRO Sales functions
- Working with the Head of Business Development to set KPI's and tracking metrics
- Contribute to the improvement of the CRO onboarding and engagement process
- Work with the product team to enhance the experience of CRO users on our web platform
- Track and expand revenue streams from our CRO network
- Representing the business at conferences and other external events
- Be an active member of the team contributing to the wider business success
We are ideally looking to speak with individuals who boast 7+ years business development experience with a proven track record of building lasting working relationships with experience working in the pharmaceutical/oncology space.
- Proven ability to be able to build long-lasting positive working relationships through lead nurturing and trust building
- Previous experience of managing or contributing to a life sciences (especially within oncology) sales pipeline
- Excellent presentation skills, face2face or via online communication interfaces
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to continue to adapt to a remote working environment
- CRM and account management, especially FreshWorks suite
You will be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team that has a real-life impact on cancer drug development and ultimately better treatments being delivered to patients. We are committed to working ethically. We offer a fast paced, high impact environment in which you can learn and grow your skill set. You will have access to conferences and workshops dedicated to oncology. We collaborate with experts across fields of computer science and genomics: our big support network will help you develop and you will be constantly learning on the job. You will also learn every aspect of how a start-up operates and there will be opportunities for training and career progression for the right person.
25 days of holiday in addition to 8 bank holidays per year pro rata, eligible for share options and 20% bonus. Flexible working is in place as well as Perks at Work reward programme
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.