We have an immediate long term contract requirement for a Risk Manager to work for our prestigious renewable energy client
The Risk Manager will be assigned to both their onshore and offshore wind Solar Battery and Hydrogen projects located in the UK or Europe. The role will require that risk management support is undertaken on various development and under construction projects across the UK and Europe on short to medium term assignments. The location of the role will be flexible but could also be based out of one of our client's UK sites.
The Risk Manager is responsible for maintaining and reporting the overall project risk profile and manages the risk management process. They are responsible for risk management quality assurance and consolidation of risks, collecting of information, managing the risk register and action plan managing risk workshops, handling risk reporting and communication to the Commercial Project Director.
They will assist the project team by providing risk management methods and tools, up to date information on project risks in form of standardised analysis in accordance to the needs of project management as well as coordinate risk management requirements.
The Risk Manager is the key contributor to effective and efficient risk management in a project. They are responsible for all activities related to the identification, (root cause) analysis, impact evaluation and possible mitigation of risks as well as supporting the project manager through all phases of the project. This requires close interaction with the Project Manager, Commercial Manager, Project Controller, Scheduler and Package Managers. This includes the process of opportunity management.
The Risk Manager is a key role within the Risk and Valuation team. The Risk and Valuation team play a vital role in protecting and, where possible, reducing cost for our projects by defending claims and variations, identifying and realising opportunities and reducing risk.
The main activities of the Risk Manager are:
- Establish and maintain risk and opportunity registers and monitor progress on mitigating actions
- Ensure all risks and opportunities are identified and managed properly and timely
- Identify and manage dependencies between the packages and individual risks
- Assign risk owners and support them from identification through to mitigation
- Support the risk and opportunity owners in identifying, describing, valuing, treating and monitoring their risks/opportunities and develop strategies for dealing with residual risk and assist in defining business continuity plans.
- Ensure feedback from mitigating actions to continuously improve the risk management process
- Ensure that all risks and opportunities are managed in a compliant manner with due regard to health & safety, technical, quality, cost and programme objectives.
- Risk reporting for project status reports to the package manager, project directors, commercial project manager and wider commercial team
- Educate the project and commercial teams to create a culture of risk awareness
- Post-FID: 4 week cycle for updating the risk register
- Ensures that risks are quantified and clustered in three different scenarios to run a simulation to identify the most likely risk case and mitigation actions are quantified and traced in detail
- Identify and implement ways to improve the risk and opportunity management methodology and processes
- Conduct risk and opportunity assessments, safeguard the quality of the input to the risk/opportunity register
- Conduct workshops with project team members and other internal colleagues, as well as with contractors as necessary
- Support toll gate decision making by providing the relevant risk reports in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Support the Risk and Valuation in relation to lessons learned, risk management guidelines and improvements, reporting in line with central risk policies etc.
- Candidates for this post will have a minimum 5 years of experience in project risk management in offshore renewables, offshore oil and gas, or similar complex industries
- Demonstrable risk management track record in major CAPEX and OPEX environments
- Candidate should have been responsible for risk management activities in large infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrable experience of effective interaction with cross-functional teams
- Experience with engineering disciplines associated with offshore wind construction projects (i.e. Structural/Civil, Electrical Systems or Wind Turbine Generators)
- Good knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation
- Good understanding of risk interfaces between contractual boundaries and technical implementation
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Risk management, engineering, technical or commercial qualification, graduate level or equivalent. Candidates with enough relevant experience in lieu of formal qualifications will be considered
- Demonstrable, in-depth level of competency in risk management and analytical skills.
- Strong manager and team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. Fluent in English
- Significant, demonstrable leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work within multi-cultural teams
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
- Able to lead workshops, risk sessions and take the lead in all risk agendas in the project
- Has demonstrable experience of being able to identify and manage project risk
- Is able to plan and execute risk reduction strategies and action plans
- Has strong presentation skills and experience
- Good understanding of construction terminology, progress calculation methods, programmes of work and project timelines
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate a large amount of information and to present the information in a clear and structured format
For more information on this excellent contract opportunity with our market leading client please contact the recruitment team & apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.