Job Title - Residence Supervisor
Temporary position to start ASAP on a Part-time basis (2-4 days per week)
Salary - £10.93 p/h
To supervise the day to day activities of a designated residence including hard and soft services, providing management support in the delivery of the Service Level Agreement.
Provide a comprehensive, effective and efficient service for the customer, in line with the Company objectives, whilst maintaining a highly customer orientated ethos amongst all staff towards all internal and external customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deal with residents, delegates, contractors and all visiting the hall or over the phone in an efficient and professional manner
- Deal with enquiries and complaints effectively, escalating them as necessary to the Residence Manager.
- Support the Residence Manager in ensuring the delivery of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) within the residence.
- Liaise confidentially with student support services, Chaplaincy and other agencies in relation to student welfare and strictly follow the Company policy for pastoral welfare
- Work additional hours with reasonable notice as and when the need arises, especially during open days and the main student arrival and departure weekends.
- Responsible for the supervision, recruitment, induction, training and appraisal of all direct reports and carry out the administration of recruitment procedures, as required.
- Plan resources and monitor Absence/timekeeping, authorise timesheets and annual leave of all direct reports, escalating any concerns to the Residence Manager.
- Conduct monthly 1:1 meetings with all direct reports and PDR reviews on an annual basis.
- Monitor staff performance and escalate issues as necessary to the Residence Manager.
- Identify and undertake training as required for self development.
- Ensure the team are working to the policies and procedures set
- Monitor the cleaning services and complete regular audit records
- Issue and regulate stores and cleaning supplies and assist in maintaining the correct stock levels
- Provide reception support including, but not limited to; key issue, registration, mail handling, and general completion of associated administration
- Facilitate approved access for maintenance contractors and visitors
- Complete all necessary reports including incident reports, noise reports, accident and near miss reports and others as required
- Assist with room checks and capturing damage and additional costs as deemed necessary
- Assist with the marketing of the accommodation and showing potential new residents the accommodation
- Hands on approach to cleaning, when necessary
- Assist with the planning of summer vacation period, cleaning, maintenance, conference business, departure schedules and intake planning
- Take responsibility for the management of the residence in the absence of the relevant Manager
- Work as a team member to complete the work as efficiently as possible and to be prepared to assist covering other residences should the situation arise.
- Encourage reasonable and fair behaviour in conjunction with the residence team and the wardens, monitor the conduct of students reporting any breach of the Code of Conduct and licence agreement to the duty warden and Residence Manager as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties which may be required
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Carry out regular Accommodation Audits and record and report any maintenance defects and any fire equipment that appears to have been tampered with
- Report and investigate incidents, accidents and near misses should they occur
- Maintain and adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act provisions in all duties undertaken ensuring compliance with legislation including COSHH, Manual Handling, PPE, Electricity at Work Act and Fire Certificate requirements
- Report any H&S issues relating to the residence to the Residence Manager ensuring all information is passed on.
- Assist in providing a suitably equipped, secure environment for students to live and study in accordance with the licence agreement and monitor and control health, safety and maintenance standards of the residence and grounds.
- Promote a culture of trust and mindfulness within the company, showing responsibility for the environment, wellbeing and safety.
If your skill set matches the job requirement and you are immediately available please send your CV
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.