Research Account Manager
UK Based - Remote
£50,000 - £60,000
Kelly Services are keen to speak with Account Managers with experience of working within Biotech, specifically Immunology. The Research Account Manager role offers a unique opportunity to join a growth-stage biotechnology company as it endeavours to build awareness, knowledge & adoption of a pioneering Immunology Assay, a novel next-generation sequencing assay for the profiling of the adaptive immune system, in the R&D setting with academic and biopharmaceutical partners, collaborators and customers.
Research Account Managers are responsible for growing and developing the Immunology business in their individual territories.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the successful candidate must be able to excel in this role, must be able to marry strategic thinking with tactical planning and execution and effective customer engagement initiatives across researchers in academia as well as life sciences companies. You will combine strong foundational knowledge of academic research, immunology and genetics, life science tools, and biopharmaceutical R&D coupled with strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Create and execute a territory account plan to achieve/exceed goals
* Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects and opportunities
* Build a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting and funding processes, and competitive technologies
* Identify, develop and maintain high-value relationships with key principle investigators, core labs, and regional pharma / biotech companies and organizations
* Confidently represent company and partners at key conferences and regional display opportunities
* Deliver sales presentations the company technology and research applications to new customers, pull through on placement of orders and coordinate software training to complete sales cycle
* Maintain existing customer base and build out referral network
* Facilitate educational programs and promotional marketing efforts
* Communicate sales strategy and activities, and provide consistent sales forecast updates to management
* Develop and maintain all account/contact details within customer relationship management database and utilize sales tracking tools to effectively monitor and direct customer purchase activities
* Satisfy all product and technology training requirements
Experience & Qualifications
* BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences and/or an MBA and significant life sciences experience OR PhD in immunology, molecular biology (or similar field)
* Strong technical background and acumen in molecular biology, genomics, data analytics, next generation sequencing or immunology preferred
* Experience in pre-clinical academic research and/or clinical settings, with a strong ability to interact with a variety of professionals ranging from top KOLS / PIs to biopharma R&D teams to Lab personnel
* Successful sales, account management, or business development experience in life sciences preferred
* Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside the life science and research areas of key institutions and companies
* Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to effectively communicate the relevant application of our technology to a wide range of research specialties
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and skilfully bring together appropriate internal resources to meet specific customer needs
* Enjoy a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and can confidently operate with a great deal of self-sufficiency
* Experienced using Salesforce or similar CRM database to effectively manage territory business
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing business in a demanding market. You will be able to manage your own diary and meetings. Traveling around the UK will consist of 60% of your time.
To express an interest in this position, please apply or contact the Kelly Scientific team in Newcastle for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.