Kelly Services, working on behalf of our International Biosciences company, are actively recruiting an experienced Reprogramming Scientist to join their team on a permanent basis at their site in Edinburgh to support the advanced Research team.
As reprogramming Scientist, you will run the reprogramming service projects. Plan, organise, execute and deliver the projects independently to a high standard within the agreed deadlines with the clients. Have fluent communication with the project manager and account manager to keep them informed about the progress of projects. Coordinate with the quality control (QC) department to arrange the QC of the reprogramming service projects. To succeed in the role, the post holder must be able to troubleshoot if experiments do not work as expected. Also, based on previous knowledge or experience, they should have the initiative to investigate and propose new procedures to improve the quality of the reprogramming projects while reducing the cost and time. After discussion with the line manager, the post holder should be able to optimise and execute the agreed plan in parallel with the ongoing service projects
Your main responsibilities,
· Run the reprogramming service projects.
· Plan, organise, execute and deliver the projects independently to a high standard within the agreed deadlines with the clients.
· Have fluent communication with the project manager and account manager to keep them informed about the progress of projects.
· Coordinate with the quality control (QC) department to arrange the QC of the reprogramming service projects
· An individual contributor and key member of the company Operations team
· Delegates work to other people /acts as a mentor to other, less-experienced team members
· Mammalian cell culture, mostly human
· iPSC reprogramming from primary cells, mostly fibroblasts (adherent) and PBMCs (suspension) using episomal, Sendai virus and RNA-based techniques
· iPSCs differentiation into other lineages, mostly neuronal
· Being competent and comfortable working in CAT II biosafety level with aseptic techniques in absence of antibiotics
· Training of new members of the team when needed
· Troubleshooting capabilities with reprogramming
· Cell culture medium preparation
· Basic daily lab duties, including cleaning, making aliquots and re-stocking 9. Generation and contribution to SOPs
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of,
· PhD in Cell Biology, focused on in vitro disease modelling
· Molecular Biology: CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing, DNA, RNA and protein extraction, PCR, RT-qPCR, Cloning and bacteria transformation, DNA purification, DNA electrophoresis, Western-Blot, ELISA, siRNAHuman
· Mammalian Cell and Tissue Culture: iPSCs reprogramming from primary cells, mostly fibroblasts. hiPSCs characterisation, hiPSCs differentiation to myogenic and neurogenic lineage, neural stem cells, myogenic progenitors and myotubes, cardiomyocytes, medulloblastoma (DAOY) cell line, embryoid bodies formation
· Cellular Biology: Immunocytochemistry, Fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH), wide-field and confocal microscopy, automated high-content screening, flow-cytometry
We are keen to speak with determined individuals who work with integrity and can take ownership of their duties as well as being able to work under pressure whilst keeping a good eye for detail whilst delivering results.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.