Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing business, based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Regional Sales Manager to join the business.
Purpose of the role:
- Identify, pursue and deliver new sales revenue opportunities for the company.
- Maximize revenue from existing customers.
- Engage new customers.
- Develop new geographic markets.
- Identify new market opportunities.
- Build relationships in the target region and identify potential alliance partners of benefit to the business.
- Develop strategic plans and sales strategies to maximize revenue from existing customers, new customers and markets
- Identify key new customers, market opportunities and routes to market. (Including who to target and why).
- Monitor and review commercial trends to determine the best markets and prospects to target.
- Translate industry trends and market / competitor developments into new business opportunities.
- Prepare and make presentations to and negotiate with prospective customers - understanding their requirements.
- Develop new contacts and relationships in key target sectors.
- Prepare a business plan that clearly identifies goals and objectives.
- Include SWOT (internal strengths & weaknesses, external threats & opportunities) to match internal capability with external opportunity.
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry and to build relationships and effective routes to market.
- Work across internal departments and with external partners (i.e. sales, marketing, production, technical, agents, distributors) to achieve new business targets.
- Assist in the development of a strategic plan for the future of the business.
- Manage current and develop new strategic relationships and alliances with other, third-party companies.
- Develop a pipeline of prospects, outlining confidence levels, anticipated revenues and profitability.
- Build pipeline activity into the CRM system.
- Adopt a team approach with sales and marketing colleagues to coordinate new business opportunities efficiently & effectively.
- Assist with regular review of pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Deliver a monthly revenue forecast and report for New Business Development activities.
- Develop sales tools and collateral to support activities.
- A proven track record of business development and/or sales success.
- Commercial experience and know how.
- Strong negotiator (win:win approach)
- Track record in developing and implementing new business development strategy.
- Ability to acquire thorough knowledge of the company's core technology concepts.
- Ability to build networks with new customers and in new markets.
- Ability to organise events and activities related to new market development.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good leadership skills to supervise those involved with each stage in the new customer and market development process.
- Possess a creative way of thinking.
- Have the ability to focus on specific goals.
- Energetic and passionate with the ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Available to travel globally as required and a clean driving licence.
- Previous experience in a sales position.
- Degree in a commercial discipline.
- Experience working with the South East Asian region.
- Competitive salary offered, plus bonus.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.