Our Client is a leading engineering business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Regional Director to join the business.
- A member of the Business Development team including leading the industrial and infrastructure sectors.
- Contribute to the review, updating and implementing the business plan, developing business opportunities in line with the business strategy and looking for market opportunities.
- Take responsibility for industry and Infrastructure Key Accounts, including developing relationships, identifying opportunities and pipeline, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Undertake networking including attending events.
- Responsibility for developing clients in the industrial and infrastructure sectors
- Supporting national sector growth agenda
- Build successful working relationships with local and national clients
- Building on your understanding of the business and service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Work with the team to continue to enhance the company brand in the local marketplace and capitalise on the extensive pipeline of work.
- Collaboration with other offices, service streams, sectors and the wider business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Managing, coaching and leading high performing team(s) including confidently dealing with performance related issues.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- A member of the Operations Management team responsible for all aspects of the operational performance and governance of the team.
- Managing project accounts/governance and fee management activities and supporting colleagues in ensuring projects are commercially successful, including any fee negotiations with clients due to scope variations.
- Being accountable for the success of your own profit and loss account.
- Managing and leading productivity and planning resources for future commissions, projects or business demands.
- Influencing and assisting senior colleagues in strategic decision-making
- Managing and leading teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function; including carrying out team performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching team member
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Ideally a Member/Fellow of RICS/APM or similar qualification.
- Knowledge of the industry in the region with a recognised profile across the region.
- Proven experience in a senior level role.
- Experience in a range of sectors including Infrastructure, Property and Industry.
- Experience working in a large consultancy or client organisation.
- Strategic vision of the market and industry and ability to focus our business to take full advantage of market conditions.
- Possess confident business development skills, understand the external market and forward workload in the region.
- Track record of winning and developing new business opportunities
- Experience in preparing bids and tendering.
- Proven team management skills and experience.
- Expert understanding and ability to advise clients knowledgeably of the component parts of a project and overall cost management techniques.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively financially manage a team delivering a number of projects.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Up to £65000-£70000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.