Our Client is a leading engineering business based in Bristol. The company currently require a talented Quantity Surveyor to join the business.
- Responsibility, under minimum supervision, as Quantity Surveyor for smaller projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Provide support to the commercial team on larger, more complex projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Preparing client cost reports and reporting on change during the life of a project.
- Preparing cost estimates and preparation of pricing documents such as Activity Schedules.
- Compilation of contract documentation using NEC suite of contracts
- Awareness of project costs outside of direct construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Understanding of highways construction technology and methodology alongside how this translates into costs.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Complying with the Commercial Services Toolkit.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Building on your understanding of the business and service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- A relevant construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institutions ie. CIOB or RICS
- A good working knowledge of current construction contracts, particularly NEC3 or NEC4
- Involvement on commissions/projects as lead QS or NEC PM
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to clients
- Experience using the Method of Measurement for Highways Work
- Understanding of the principles of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Work
- Experience of risk management principles for highways projects using QCRA
- Experience of both public and private sector clients
- Experience in working on projects within the highways/infrastructure sectors
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook
- Clean UK Driving Licence
- Prepared to travel within our South West and Wales Region to support project delivery with the flexibility to deploy to site based or client office based working environments.
- Competitive salary offered plus a comprehensive benefits package
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.