We have an immediate permanent vacancy for a Lead Quality Engineer/Quality Manager. You will implement a Quality Management System based upon ISO9001-20015 within a development Project.
In the execution phase, the responsibility is to deliver the quality control programme across all packages of work under your control.
Responsibility will include a budget of circa £7M as well as co-ordination of the work of Quality Engineers and inspectors.
The role holder will ensure all measures are implemented to maintain an auditable trail for sub-contracted works and services and that non-compliances are rectified and plant is delivered is fit for purpose.
Skills and experience
- Ability to demonstrate your competence and experience through professional registration with a chartered quality institute and, ideally, academic qualification(s) in an engineering discipline management and management
- You will be experienced in formulating budgets and resource plans for Senior Management. Typical responsibilities include control of a circa £7M budget as well as co-ordination of the work of the Quality Engineers and inspectors.
- You will be experienced in writing specification and negotiating them with major contractors. You will have knowledge of contract negotiation for framework contracts for surveillance agencies.
- Inspection qualifications and/or industry experience in areas such as welding and coating would be an advantage.
- You will have experience of problem solving with limited resources to prioritise work to add greatest value to a project.
- Experience in assessing, managing and where necessary improving supplier performance.
- Knowledge of the offshore industry norms and standards and you will be able to use root cause analysis and auditing techniques to identify and remedy issues such as serial defects. Significant knowledge of the offshore supply chain would be advantageous.
For more information on this excellent opportunity with our market leading client please contact the recruitment team on 0191 2610919 or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.