We have an immediate opportunity for a Quality Engineer to work for our prestigious renewable energy client. This is a permanent position & is based at their offices in Greater Manchester.
You will provide Quality support to our client's Sales, Construction Project Management and Service teams as well as assist the central SQA function with supplier quality audits within the UK and Ireland
* Support with development and monitoring of quality plans at tender and project execution stages
* Troubleshooting quality issues, involving liaison with clients, suppliers, technical support functions (local and head office), root cause analysis and investigation report writing
* Site auditing and wind turbine quality inspections
* Management of material non-conformance investigations via online systems.
* Assist operational teams with improvement of project management, construction and service related processes
* Host and advise clients during finished turbine acceptance inspections and end of warranty inspections
* Close integration with the HSE specialists on topics where Quality defects may lead to safety or environmental risks
In order to provide the necessary quality technical leadership, external courses will be required to be undertaken (examples: lift installation and examination, fall protection system installation and inspection)
* Supplier quality auditing
* Internal audit within our IMS including follow up on agreed actions
* Accompany client factory acceptance inspections on major components
Career / Job experience
You will have several years experience working in a Quality role with a background in:
* Engineering/construction industry. Working experience of wind turbines would be ideal but is not essential
* Understanding of the scope and purpose of Project Quality Plans is key for this role
Understanding of the scope & purpose of Inspection & Test Plans and Quality Management Tools and Techniques
* Good knowledge of ISO9001 and working knowledge of ISO45001 and ISO14001.
* Proven track record in auditing across multiple areas including 3rd party organisations
You will have the ability to:
* read and understand electrical, mechanical and hydraulic drawings
* question information
* analyse technical and process problems and identify root causes
* guide operational teams to improve processes to reduce quality risks
* take complex information and present succinctly to aid others understanding of quality and process issues
* perform internal and supplier audits and follow up on findings
Education and qualification
* An ISO9001 related Qualification
* ISO19001 Internal Auditor Trained
* Quality tool training - e.g. statistical techniques, TQM, FMEA, 8D, QFD
* Training delivered or upgraded to the requirements of ISO9001:2015
* Six Sigma / Lean Green Belt qualified
* Project Management skills/experience
* GWO Basic Safety Training (BST)
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent time management/multi-tasking skills
* Able to prioritise effectively
* Excellent IT skills (MS Office and SharePoint)
* High attention to detail/ accuracy
* Flexible and proactive
* Good written and spoken communication abilities
* Ability to deliver presentations
* The ability and fitness to work at height will be required
As our client's sites are spread across the UK, significant travel is expected, including occasional visits to Ireland and within Europe for training and project component quality inspections.
Although the role is based out of our client's Greater Manchester office, they are open to alternative arrangements for the right candidate.
For more information on this excellent opportunity to work with a global leader within the wind industry please contact the recruitment team or apply online
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.