Our Client is a leading electronic manufacturing business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Quality Control Technician to join the business.
Purpose of the Role:
- A Quality Technician is required on a full time, permanent basis for a well-established manufacturing company that is currently implementing improvement plans to grow the business.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to join a modernisation programme from the beginning.
- Working with stakeholders across the business, you will instill a strong QA culture from the start, providing guidance and training to drive standards and supporting multi-disciplinary Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- The Quality Technician reports to the Quality Assurance Manager, and is part of the quality team to support the continuing implementation and development of the QMS within ISO 9001:2015, ASTA and relevant consumer standards and expectations
- The incumbent will be expected to provide a value-adding service to the operational teams to maintain, deliver and improve quality, and cost reduction
- Deliver targets aligned to the site KPI's.
- Support the training of personnel on quality standards and assist the business in meeting quality, cost reduction and delivery targets.
- Produce inspection/rework instructions for containment activities.
- Complete process audits, to provide information on performance related trends to designated business areas as required.
- Non-conformance investigation and reporting using a variety of quality tools.
- Documentation - managing data and monitoring KPI's and updating internal systems and ISO documentation where required.
- Inspecting components.
- Providing feedback around quality and proving value added feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Conducting customer and internal audits
- Project work to support new business sale and existing customer sales opportunities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with our customers ensuring any actions are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ideally professional experience as a QA Technician/Inspector in an Electrical manufacturing based company.
- Sustained experience as a with Quality Assurance disciplines.
- Knowledge/experience of ISO 9001 standard would be an advantage.
- Capable of reading engineering drawings
- Computer and Microsoft programme (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) literate.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, and tolerances.
- Experience of Inspecting of components
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is desirable.
- Non Conformance Reporting - Customer & Internal
- Have an understanding of problem solving techniques.
- Corrective & Preventative action Implementing & monitoring progress.
- Knowledge of 5 Why, root cause analysis, 8D/7D.
- ISO 9001 internal auditor
- Competitive salary offered plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.