Quality Control Scientist
£28,000 - £35,000
Kelly Scientific are delighted to be partnered with a dynamic, rapidly expanding human cell culture specialist developing new innovate products and solutions for the fields of drug discovery & toxicology to recruit a Quality Control Scientist to join the team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
Based at their state-of-the-art facilities in Edinburgh, we are seeking an experienced Quality Control Scientist to support the Quality Manager and lead all laboratory-based QC activities.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, with a proven track record as a successful Quality Control Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting the day to day running and continual development of a well-equipped modern laboratory facility.
* Undertake and manage all laboratory-based QC activities within a dynamic, fast-paced laboratory environment
* Production of the company / site QC schedule detailing timeframes and plans for the QC work based on production, service and R&D plans
* Support the Senior Quality Control Scientist & Quality Manager in ensuring all QC activities meet company, product and regulatory requirements
* Ensure all QC activities meet relevant Standard Operating Procedures
* Work with the Senior Quality Control Scientist & Quality Manager in design and development of Standard Operating Procedures for on-going product and process development
* Interpret QC data, prepare Certificates of Analysis and all associated QC documentation
* Provide support to relevant stakeholder groups to ensure all QC systems processes and procedures meet New Product Introduction, Product and Process Change
* Undertake and document all laboratory work accurately to ensure process repeatability
* Maintain ISO9001 quality management systems and assist the Senior Quality Control Scientist & Quality Manager in delivering the QMS infrastructure to achieve ISO13485 certification
* Undertake continuous improvement initiatives within the laboratory and support associated companywide activities
* Travel to and provide support for other sites leadership and Quality Assurance team as required
* A minimum of BSc within a Life Sciences discipline, ideally Biology.
* A highly analytical and passionate Quality Control Scientist, proven experience leading all laboratory activities within a dynamic commercial laboratory environment
* Management and control of all QC activities within a Master Cell Bank and Working Cell Bank environment utilising aseptic cell culture techniques, sterility checking and testing
* Evidential experience in DNA and Plant Extraction, PCR and qPCR using SNP Genotyping
* Demonstrable success in developing and managing Standard Operating Procedures
* Excellent judgment and solid decision-making skills with an inherent ability to work under deadline pressures
If you are interested in this position, please apply or contact the Kelly Scientific team on 0191 249 8089 for more information.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.