Salary is dependant on experience
My client an international small parts manufacturer are seeking a QHSE Engineer for their UK site based in Sutton Coldfield.
You will be responsible for maintaining, improving and developing all operations area to ISO standards.
- Practice and implementation of company's QHSE policy
- Motivate and develop QHSE Culture across the Company
- Ensure QHSE ISO certification implementation and compliance.
- Identifies QHSE objectives and targets and prepare / review management procedures and plans.
- Provide support, advice and training to facilitate the implementation of QHSE management system requirements.
- Ensures that a project specific QHSE Plan is drawn up and agreed prior to commencement of work.
- Participates and advise on Risk Assessment and Risk Management and Control activities and develop and implement procedures to improve safety, health and environment at the workplace for all regular and non-regular jobs.
- Monitor the effectiveness of risk management activities within the locations and projects, particularly for any significant changes or major decisions, and provide advice and support.
- Identifies required training and provides induction to all new employees relating to Quality, safety and environmental matters, and relevant refresher courses.
- Facilitate the submission and compliance to statutory licenses, permits, variances from appropriate governmental agencies and standards. Ensure project maintain records required by QHSE standards and procedures.
- Review / Evaluate supplier and sub-contractor quality systems, work method statements and risk assessments produced, in line with standards, legal and client requirements.
- Lead investigation of major quality failures, accident/ incident investigations, identify the root causes and propose corrective and preventive actions. Report such cases to the relevant authority as required by law.
- Facilitate the inspection and maintenance of all tool & equipment during pre-deployment and during periodic inspection and records maintained.
- Establish audit program and review audit findings; Verify implementation of corrective action and improvement.
- Verifying that procedures are used for identification, control, and disposition of nonconformities and for implementing corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
This role would be suitable for an engineer passionate about quality, health, safety and environmental processes within a manufacturing setting.
- Relevant qualifications within Quality Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Quality, Environmental or Health and Safety.
- Honest, Reliable and Self-motivated.
- Competency in management systems, ISO9001, ISO12001 and ISO45001.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office and ability to write detailed reports.
- Understanding of H&S legislation and environmental compliance obligations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings and using measuring & calibration equipment.
- Ability to use own initiative and team player.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Effective Communication and interpersonal skills.
In return, this company will offer you a full time permanent position of 38 hours a week with a flexible shift pattern across 7am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Along with a competitive benefits package and career development opportunities.
Does it sound like you?
If you think you have the skills we're looking for, then we want to hear from you. To apply for this role please apply now to send your CV or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mary O'Brien on 0121 329 7588.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.