Purchasing and Supply Continuity Specialist - Senior - Peterborough
Maternity Cover - temporary basis
Initially working from and after restrictions have been lifted, working onsite at Peterborough
Kelly Services are currently working with a leading organisation who are looking for a Purchasing and Supply Continuity Specialist to cover maternity leave.
This role is to Procure specialised items and execute complex buying strategies in accordance with agreed upon material buying plans at the optimum cost, quality and relationship. You will Conduct complex analysis of sourcing information and present findings to purchasing and supply chain leadership for process improvement while maintaining high quality product and service delivery.
· Independently procures inventory, supplies, and capital goods and arranges timely deliveries
· Analyse complex purchasing initiatives and processes in support of the delivery of cost effective and high-quality goods and services.
· Prepare and present recommendations of improvement opportunities and alternative courses of action to senior purchasing/sourcing leadership.
· Evaluate consistent application of sourcing procedures and processes.
· Support purchasing/source management in activities such as vendor management, industry and market analysis, process analysis, and model building.
· Lead analysis projects/initiatives, providing coaching to less experienced analysts.
· Develop effective relationships with vendors and suppliers favourable for company business.
· Management and execution of engineering releases.
· Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
· Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
· Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
· Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
· Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
· Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
· Purchasing Policies, Procedures, Tools - Complies with purchasing policies and procedures and complies with them in daily work; leverages tools to conduct procurement initiatives; assesses documents for clarification and seeks guidance for clarification of the information needed.
· Supplier Capacity Management - Leverages marketing forecast processes and data required from suppliers for capacity planning; negotiates capacity requirements in supplier contracts to deliver the lowest Total Cost of Ownership; links interrelationship between capacity management and product quality; assesses suppliers to ensure that they are capable of meeting demands for both production and aftermarket.
· Supply Base Risk Management - Minimizes supplier risk to Cummins by proactively mitigating risks through use of risk analysis tools and risk mitigation playbook to manage three key risks including continuity of supply, reputational risk, and risk to our margins of parts by minimizing disruption and services throughout supply chain; manages and leverages supplier selection and dual sourcing opportunities as a first line of defence against supplier risk.
· Problem Solving - Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
· Project Management - Establishes and maintains the "Balanced Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort (a "project").
3 must haves for the job:
· Be able to work with stakeholders
· Understanding of purchasing and supply chain overall Be action orientated, able to take initiative, be pro-active
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.