Project Manager - Biosciences
£35,000 - £50,000
Kelly Services, working with our global Bioscience client are recruiting an experienced, Scientific Project Manager to undertake all projects within the business.
We are keen to speak with forward thinking, collaborative and detail focused individuals to support all projects in terms of project initiation, planning execution, monitoring and reporting and close down.
Projects can be focused on new product development or re-development, business or strategy focused as well as service projects run with external clients.
You will be a key member of the Project Delivery team and support other departments with important interactions such as R&D, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, Commercial and Quality Departments.
Areas of responsibility
* Co-ordinate with various departments within the business to support and execute on projects
* Ensure that projects are executed to meet the requirements of scope, time, quality and cost
* Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
* Support Commercial team on new client opportunity in terms of scoping of the projects and costing and estimated timelines.
* Support Operations and R&D leads with project capacity planning and highlight any changes to resource allocation compared to the plan
* Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
* Manage changes to the project scope, schedules and costs
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
* Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders. Ensure kick off meetings are scheduled, and regular technical updates are sent to the client
* Support with running any NPD projects under Design Control according to ISO9001:2015 requirements
* Perform risk management to minimise project risks, and use lessons logs to improve future projects
* Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term project milestones
* Support with the writing and review of documents within the QMS, specifically related to Design Control and project and risk management
* Ensure relevant projects within the scope of ISO9001:2015 correctly follow the Design Control framework
* Lead on projects that focus on Continuous improvement within the company.
* Ensure that actions and recommendations from lessons learnt from previous projects are implemented and tracked
* Use initiative and proactively identify and suggest areas of improvement
* Use the projects app within Odoo to ensure project time is tracked
* Work with colleagues in Finance to ensure visibility of costs and time spent on projects
* Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
* Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline
* Proven working experience in project management
* 5+ years' experience in a commercial laboratory environment
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project
* Understanding of quality management systems e.g. ISO9001, ISO13485, GMP)
* Previous experience of leading continuous improvement projects
With an excellent compensation package on offer, inclusive of a salary up to £50,000pa. Other company benefits are included.
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.