We have an immediate temporary vacancy for a Project Manager at our prestigious client's site in the North West of England. The PM will ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the customer's expectations.
The Project Manager is expected to lead engineering projects and is expected to spend significant time in the field. They should be able to understand engineering drawings, construction sites and activities. They should also possess outstanding organisational and leadership skills, coupled with an ability to understand the wider picture.
Apart from being experienced, Project Managers should also be commercially-minded professionals who have a knowledge of industry best practices. As leaders it is imperative that they promote in their staff a culture of teamwork, collaboration and success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Leader of the project team
- Promoting and demonstrating our client's SHE culture
- Perform CDM Principal Designer role
- Being responsible for all aspects of a project from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client.
- Writing up all project documentation (including creation and ownership of the Project Management Plan).
- Submitting progress reports to stakeholders and senior managers.
- Setting the standards and methodology to be used in a project.
- Creating a working environment that allows everyone to work to the best of their abilities.
- Taking responsibility of projects through their entire lifecycle.
- Defining a project's scope and goals.
- Managing project budgets.
- Coordinating and Managing project resources/team.
- Communicating with stakeholders to clarify the desired outcome of a project.
- Managing client relationships
- Ensuring that all relevant processes are followed on projects.
- Administering the allocation of jobs and budgets on a project.
- Managing project personnel to achieve project objectives.
- Regularly review and analyse the project scope.
- Managing client expectations.
- Identifying project risks (through risk assessment) and managing risk.
- Negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Driving cross-functional project teams.
- Agreeing project objectives.
- Taking into account a client's interests.
- Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met.
Qualifications and Experience
Degree (preferable) in an engineering related subject with 5 to 10 years related experience.
- Knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles, documents and plans.
- Running large (circa £3M) and small scale projects (circa £0.5M).
- CDM role responsibilities (e.g. Principal Designer, Client etc.)
- APM, PRINCE2 or equivalent project process
- APM, PRINCE2 or equivalent accreditation.
- GMP, Validation and Pharmaceutical processes
- NEC4 Contracts
- CEMAR (contract management system)
- Risk management
- Good facilitation and analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver results on time, on budget, and to the very highest standards.
- Ability to quickly gain the technical, behavioural and contextual elements of a project.
- Project reporting.
- Strong drive and resilience.
- Action and result oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels.
- A willingness to see things through to the end.
- A team player who is comfortable working with other professionals.
- Ability to influence people at all levels.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Being an inspirational leader who is able to demonstrate enthusiasm, passion.
- Willingness to take on project ownership and accountability.
This role has been deemed inside of scope by the end client. We can therefore offer a competitive PAYE or Umbrella option for this role. Expected to last at least 12 months
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement. For information regarding data protection at Kelly, please visit the Kelly website and have a look into the Privacy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.